BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY 2009

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Bastards :D Looked fun!
I hope you passed your exams! [8D]

bug.gif

Sounds like a good time was had by all....perhaps too good for Jeff from the sounds of Saturday's cuddy cabin report...LOL x 100. Sorry not to run into Osama this year....will have to catch up to re-live my "Hockey night in Canada" action in Bamfield. Had to put my boat into Discovery, so didn't get to drop in after hours for a beer and b/s session. See you out there in the next few weeks before I retire the boat for the season. :(

Searun #9 with the sharp elbows...keep your stick on the ice.

Aw-- Come on guys.. Dont keep us in suspense. [V] WHO WON THE DERBY AND WHAT SIZE WAS THE WINNING FISH?? Someone must know!!???

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

A LADY won with a 17 lb + somethin with two 16.5lb twins for 2 - 3 rd

IMGP7780-1.jpg

Hey guys here are some pictures of my experience at the Brown's Bay Derby. The fishing this year was great I could only make it up on Saturday and we hooked anywhere from 20 to 30 fish. We kept our limit of 8 it sure beat last year's fishing. My partner was Grey Cup winner Jason Johnson who formerly played for the Edmonton Eskimos and he has had no prior fishing experience and for me it was awesome to watch him learn how to and develop appreciation for the sport and no better way to experience fishing for the first time than in the October rains in the Johnson Strait :).
check out Jasons Blog @ reallyplayingforpizza.blogspot.com

The claims of top five finisher were a misunderstanding of the competition. Saturday morning at 12:00 PM we were 4th I believe with three fish around 14.5lbs ahead of ours. The pictures are real and the short video clips. He did a excellent job and it's a great point of view from a first timer. THANX AGAIN Jason for being a excellent fishing partner. :)

The 8th annual Brown's Bay Chum Derby was a very successful event with many participants. Derby results are as follows:

1st Deb Thornton 17.25 lbs
2nd Mike Milner 16.75 lbs
3rd Barb Belton 16.75 lbs
Sat. high aggregate Andy Sneddon 52.5 lbs
Sun. high aggregate Gary Van Kooten 45.25 lbs.

Weigh-in total 7777 lbs

Proceeds to Greenways Land trust, a local environmental stewardship organization.

IMGP7780-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Tell it like it is Chris.;) That was quite the hog islandgirl had. What was the weight on that one? eman
It was just a few ounces under 14 pounds.

bug.gif

That's a big set of boots to fill there Chris. I am totally honered with your offer. I am working on getting a good ride for next season.;) eman

Back