Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I am just in discussion with the seller on this boat and quite serious about making a move. Little rough around the edges but these Arima's seem tough.

Jcon,
What’s the import situation these Covid days? I’m guessing your not able to cross the line to bring back so I’m guessing your hiring a broker? Let me know, thanks.

Buying a freshwater boat from the interior of WA was one of the best boat buying/owning experience ever, it was my brothers' money and he got it all back after owning it for 4 years without putting any money into it. That Proline looks wicked. Can't wait for the US to open up again, great road tripping on the cheap gas and Mexican food. When it was my money buying it from Seattle it wasn't quite the same fun but it all worked out.

Nice that Arima owner was so truthful. I've had Victoria guys try to sell my buddy's scary boats and neglect to draw attention to motors that had hit rocks etc. Interesting that he notes all flaws but doesn't really fix them, probably busy fishing. Still 10k USD for a boat you might not want to tow a mile. Anyone made an offer on that Arima here on the island yet.

Buying a freshwater boat from the interior of WA was one of the best boat buying/owning experience ever, it was my brothers' money and he got it all back after owning it for 4 years without putting any money into it. That Proline looks wicked. Can't wait for the US to open up again, great road tripping on the cheap gas and Mexican food. When it was my money buying it from Seattle it wasn't quite the same fun but it all worked out.

Nice that Arima owner was so truthful. I've had Victoria guys try to sell my buddy's scary boats and neglect to draw attention to motors that had hit rocks etc. Interesting that he notes all flaws but doesn't really fix them, probably busy fishing. Still 10k USD for a boat you might not want to tow a mile. Anyone made an offer on that Arima here on the island yet.
I reached out to them - mentioned the price and they never got back to me (a week ago).

Pro-Line.PNG

I am just in discussion with the seller on this boat and quite serious about making a move. Little rough around the edges but these Arima's seem tough.

I would expect that 70hp to leave you wanting more. I had an 1985, 17 foot sea chaser with a 100hp yamaha 4 stroke on it, I would have liked a 115. Lots of people seem to like 90hp though. Also, the hull was redesigned in 1992?(I think) with wider chines. I found mine to be a pretty wet ride and wished I had the wider chines to knock the spray down. Awesome boats though, extremely seaworthy and cheap on fuel. I just think that 70 would be light and you'd be running close to WOT in the ocean doing about 12 to 16 knots, on and off the throttle with the waves, they do pound a bit.

I would expect that 70hp to leave you wanting more. I had an 1985, 17 foot sea chaser with a 100hp yamaha 4 stroke on it, I would have liked a 115. Lots of people seem to like 90hp though. Also, the hull was redesigned in 1992?(I think) with wider chines. I found mine to be a pretty wet ride and wished I had the wider chines to knock the spray down. Awesome boats though, extremely seaworthy and cheap on fuel. I just think that 70 would be light and you'd be running close to WOT in the ocean doing about 12 to 16 knots, on and off the throttle with the waves, they do pound a bit.
I had some concerns regarding the 70hp as well but looks like it truly gets to 30mph at WOT and cruises at 4k going 19-20mph

That seems like too good of a deal and the cowling doesn’t match the year.

That seems like too good of a deal and the cowling doesn’t match the year.

Not sure what you mean about the cowling, its the old 5.3 v8, same as the 350. These are very unreliable motors with known flywheel issues. I wouldn't hang one of these on my boat for free.

Back