Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I talked to her 6 months ago, will not budge on price, even though they bough another boat. It was in their driveway in Richmond. Yes, the dance floor was what attracted me. Newer (2009) 225 Yamaha, is this in the danger zone year for corrosion?
I dunno what years were bad. But I bet you could bring one of these up from the east coast for under $20k USD so I’d say her price shouldn’t be firm

I dunno what years were bad. But I bet you could bring one of these up from the east coast for under $20k USD so I’d say her price shouldn’t be firm
Here is a discussion about this problem on THT.

I think this boat is a sunbird, not champion. But looks nice. Big dance floor. It would be nice to get it for less than $30k
Funny I see this ad every day and always thought it was a $20-25k TOPS boat. Didn’t know they were so valuable.

I’ve definitely seen these hulls in the states with original power and trailer for 12-15k USD.

Funny I see this ad every day and always thought it was a $20-25k TOPS boat. Didn’t know they were so valuable.

I’ve definitely seen these hulls in the states with original power and trailer for 12-15k USD.
It’s the BC Bump. Everything cost 50-80% more

Not sure if I just got unlucky but I’ve owned about 8 outboard models and bought my first sterndrive last year.

its been an absolute nightmare. Every old part broke and every new replacement part broke.

I’m exclusively outboards only now.
What make of leg?

Not sure if I just got unlucky but I’ve owned about 8 outboard models and bought my first sterndrive last year.

its been an absolute nightmare. Every old part broke and every new replacement part broke.

I’m exclusively outboards only now.
Not that I want to turn it into a debate or anything but I don't think that's typical. I have been running my old double eagle for 6? years now, including when I lived on Ruxton Island and had to commute to Duncan every single day. That boat sat in the water for about six months; the only time it was out was when I beached it at high tide to scrape the bottom. It ran morning and night, Monday to Friday at least, for months. Before that it was a commercial transport for a dock builder and ran...a lot. I have full maintenance records from the dock builder, and they're thorough, but not tons of parts replacement, to be honest.

At the beginning of 2019 before I moved to Ruxton, I had to get the heat exchanger welded because I'd left water in it and it froze.

At the end of the year, I had to replace the U-joints. But they had god knows how many hours on them and they were fine, just creaky.

What else...cap and rotor at the beginning of the year, and clean up the engine ground a couple of times. Zincs.

That might be the whole list. Oh, wait, no, the starter died in the winter of 2019, again with god knows how many uses on it, it was ancient. But you get the idea. I'm not trying to say they're better or even the equal of a modern outboard but that's a forty year old Volvo leg, bolted to a PCM 302 that's maybe fifteen years old.

I'm not an advocate for I/Os or anything, but I don't think your experience is typical, although I don't dispute that it definitely sucks and in the same literal boat, I'd also probably never touch another I/O.

Marinex were building aluminum boats way, way back when I lived in Rupert, many boats have come from that company. They did well when herring skiffs were all the rage in the fishing industry..
Looks similar to the Wolf boats of today.

I am just in discussion with the seller on this boat and quite serious about making a move. Little rough around the edges but these Arima's seem tough.

I am just in discussion with the seller on this boat and quite serious about making a move. Little rough around the edges but these Arima's seem tough.

One of the most honest sellers I’ve ever seen. Pretty much just posted pics of the flaws, where most try to hide them. That’s admirable! Hope it works out for you :)

Lots of value there. Good luck. Great platforms to fish out of.

Good luck! I have owned a number of Arima boats over the years, they are definitely tough as nails.

Back