Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

If it had cushions for the cuddy it would be pretty close to well priced. 10k in upgrades and it would likely sell for 15k if it was plain. If the trailer is in good shape, wiring, gas tank and the main checks out it would be worth an offer, if you wanted radar, itroll, kicker etc....

One of my fishing partners at Telegraph has the same boat and it is awesome to fish out of for two people. Unbelievably stable and seaworthy and very economical. It does seem a little pricey but every seller has to start somewhere
It is definitely a fantastic boat. We fished out of Ucluelet 7 full summers with it and it handled anything that the WCVI could throw at it like a champ. We have moved up to a 21' Arima, which I don't regret, but I wish I did not have to let go of that 17, but my wife has little sympathy for my argument that 2 Arima's are better than 1, LOL
I know things about that boat that are not listed in the ad, so whoever might be interested in pursuing it, feel free to PM me.

If it had cushions for the cuddy it would be pretty close to well priced. 10k in upgrades and it would likely sell for 15k if it was plain. If the trailer is in good shape, wiring, gas tank and the main checks out it would be worth an offer, if you wanted radar, itroll, kicker etc....
I’ve been chasing these for a lifetime - this one seems about $6-8k too high. I’ve passed on a few 17 Sea chasers that were priced at $14k (Powell river) and $17k (Nanaimo).
Neither had the electronics but both had newer power and updated seating/wood.
I think they’ve had this boat listed for close to a year.

I’ve been chasing these for a lifetime - this one seems about $6-8k too high. I’ve passed on a few 17 Sea chasers that were priced at $14k (Powell river) and $17k (Nanaimo).
Yeah, if it was 15-18k it would likely sell right away. Radar arch is a 2k option installed but only worth it to some people. As I mentioned a guy I spoke to just paid 8k for a remote steer yami kicker installed, but the main and rest of the boat have to be worth. Great to have the insight of some of the members.

It is definitely a fantastic boat. We fished out of Ucluelet 7 full summers with it and it handled anything that the WCVI could throw at it like a champ. We have moved up to a 21' Arima, which I don't regret, but I wish I did not have to let go of that 17, but my wife has little sympathy for my argument that 2 Arima's are better than 1, LOL
I know things about that boat that are not listed in the ad, so whoever might be interested in pursuing it, feel free to PM me.
Even your wife listening to your argument is amazing! My wife did say I might as well start a boat brokerage for the amount I look at used boats but I've been running the numbers and they ain't worth it unless you can move up to the big boats.

Yeah, if it was 15-18k it would likely sell right away. Radar arch is a 2k option installed but only worth it to some people. As I mentioned a guy I spoke to just paid 8k for a remote steer yami kicker installed, but the main and rest of the boat have to be worth. Great to have the insight of some of the members.

Even your wife listening to your argument is amazing! My wife did say I might as well start a boat brokerage for the amount I look at used boats but I've been running the numbers and they ain't worth it unless you can move up to the big boats.
Yeah, that fixed bracket, kicker, remote steer and iTroll was all new in 2017 - not cheap!
I maintained the motors and equipment meticulously - always changing oils, filters, plugs, anodes, impellers, etc. way too often, but braking down 20 miles offshore does not appeal to me.
What transpired since I sold it two and a half years ago, I don't know for sure, but I have heard from friends that it was mostly just sitting on the trailer.
Having said all of that, I would not pay what they are asking for it either, but if someone has their mind set on getting an Arima that is dialed in and needs nothing (cosmetics aside), I would try to negotiate - especially if jcon12 is right, and it sat there for almost a year.

Again, I know nearly every detail about that boat, and there is a lot missing in the ad.

Two boats with boats...and even one with a house!

Last edited:
Two boats with boats...

That carver is beautiful!!

Two boats with boats...and even one with a house!

I’m confused. That Carver and the boathouse is $21.5k?

Maybe it's a small market because you have to get someone to take over moorage fees starting in April, and not that many people want to pay moorage on a boat house? Or deal with having to separate them or relocate the boat house if you're not in that area, or???

For a specific buyer, though, that seems like a deal. I THINK I saw that boat come up for sale once before, maybe five or six years ago? But maybe more like ten. It's a memorable boat, anyway.

Looks pretty clean and a descent size cruising boat for a small family. The railings and floor are so nice, I can’t think of putting downriggers or fish guts on them. Not my cup of tea for sure.

I think this boat is a sunbird, not champion. But looks nice. Big dance floor. It would be nice to get it for less than $30k

I think this boat is a sunbird, not champion. But looks nice. Big dance floor. It would be nice to get it for less than $30k
I talked to her 6 months ago, will not budge on price, even though they bough another boat. It was in their driveway in Richmond. Yes, the dance floor was what attracted me. Newer (2009) 225 Yamaha, is this in the danger zone year for corrosion?

Back