Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I drove one of the new model 542’s for a few years. It was the biggest 18 Ive been in and the ride was exceptional. It took bigger water than an 18 foot boat should see with ease. Only thing I woulda changed if we kept it was add trim tabs. It had a 150 yammy. Not a ton of storage either but overall build quality was solid

I’ve owned a 2000 542 Campion for the last 11 years, very well built for the size and very stable zero complaints from me. It has a 7 ft 6 inch beam where my new to me project Grady 228 Seafarer has a 8 ft beam.

Agree on the value. That’s a sweet deal. The fact he wants to trade for a fibreglass tells me something though.
Still thinking for the same price that 2007 campion posted a couple days ago is a great deal. Tough call though. It’s apples to oranges though as it’s 4-5’ bigger with an older thirstier motor. Let’s just say I’d be happy with either over my cheap butt driveway ornament.

Agree on the value. That’s a sweet deal. The fact he wants to trade for a fibreglass tells me something though.
Still thinking for the same price that 2007 campion posted a couple days ago is a great deal. Tough call though. It’s apples to oranges though as it’s 4-5’ bigger with an older thirstier motor. Let’s just say I’d be happy with either over my cheap butt driveway ornament.
This campion is a better comparison. Same size and cheaper. I assume the steering fluid leak is an easy fix. Too bad the border is still closed.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/everett-2006-campion-sport-utility-boat/7119395969.html

They make an outboard model, add a look at one at the boat show-26’ with a single
I’ve seen a couple of the outboard ones, seems like they are all newer models and quite a bit more expensive. What is the general consensus on the I/O versions? Other than the doghouse in the middle of the dance floor and a big hole below waterline, what are the pros and cons?

Also wondering about the Indemar engine, I have only seen those in ski boats before, are they suited for salt water use?

Last edited:
I’ve seen a couple of the outboard ones, seems like they are all newer models and quite a bit more expensive. What is the general consensus on the I/O versions? Other than the doghouse in the middle of the dance floor and a big hole below waterline, what are the pros and cons?

Also wondering about the Indemar engine, I have only seen those in ski boats before, are they suited for salt water use?
It is a 350 Chev that has been marinized, similar to all the other brands. Fresh water cooling is evident too.

Back