Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Last edited:
Whats the story with Campion boats? I see allot of them and kinda like this layout, are they worth while any major issues etc...?

How much wood is in these boats?

This can't be good, I found this thread... https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/campion.36940/
2003 and newer are composite I believe. I really want to check this one out but I’m at the cabin this weekend.
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/boa/d/west-vancouver-champion-explorer-602/7120739947.html

You can’t get more boat for $30k than that!
I had a 2004 Campion 602 for 10 years and loved it. Fished Sooke, Bamfield, Nootka, and had it 15 miles off shore. Never felt unsafe. I has the Merc 4.3L inboard. We slept on it and actually would spend a week on the boat in Nootka. Put our camping gear and coolers on an old logging wharf. There is no wood in it and very well built and finished. Full stand up Bimini with probably 6’4” head room. Plus all 4 seats are under cover. Outboard would give you a lot more room. Highly recommend.
Bought for $42k ran 10 years and 500 hours and sold for $34k can’t complain about that. I always keep it looking like new though.
Campion have made that model since around 2000 pretty much unchanged so that says something.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/prince-rupert-28-welded-aluminum/7121616164.html

28’ Welded Aluminum - $110000 (Prince Rupert)

00b0b_dgmt34ewVsl_1200x900.jpg

Campion quality has been all over the map for many years.You really have to look at them as a one off boat,some are terrible and others are pretty good depending on year built,model,how it's been used and kept.I don't know whether it's poor management,quality control,staff turnover or what,but you can't make a blanket statement whether their good or bad it seems.

Campion quality has been all over the map for many years.You really have to look at them as a one off boat,some are terrible and others are pretty good depending on year built,model,how it's been used and kept.I don't know whether it's poor management,quality control,staff turnover or what,but you can't make a blanket statement whether their good or bad it seems.

Thank you Rayvon, I do see allot of Campion's on the market so just curious as to their quality.

Unless you have a hour meter onboard "low hours" doesn't mean a thing, I was looking at a boat that had a hour meter onboard that said 530 hours, not that bad for a V8 inboard if well serviced. The guy even had a photo of said hour meter in his add. Turns out the original engine blew up and he replaced it with a used engine that the mechanic that did the work estimated it had 2400 hrs. Thats why you also have to ask pointed question.

I thought 2005 and newer Campion's quality is pretty good when they switched to composite transom and stringers with the new design. I'd be interested to know if people have experienced any significant problems with the post 2005 campions? since I'm considering them right now. My first choice is Arima, but Arima's resale value is quite high compared to campions.

Back