Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

Nice slabs there Bob.
My second year of salmon fishing I picked up a 42.5 off Beachy Head.Ten years later and I finally beat it last August with a 43 off Secretary..on derby day:)

Great photos and a lots of good stories. I'm inspired by what I see and hear. This is what is great about this website. I now need to get me a 50!!! I know they're out there.....

Matador

My biggest was 45 lbs, caught in Vancouver harbour, Sept 09. Out by myself with no net!
Sept142009011-1.jpg
[/img]

Biggest to date is a 53.5 lber caught off of kawlate pt in knight inlet a lodge record in 30 yrs of the lodge being there as they usually dont get that big at that time of year long hard fight it was a great week the night before got 3 tyee and one over 40 then the next day this one.

F1000026.jpg

Me personally was a 49.5 lber on a luckie louie plug on a day off it wasnt tipping the scale so its not a 50. If it doesnt tip it i wont call it a "true" 50.

LOTS in the high 40s but its really tough for some reason to crack the 50

And this one off of sooke a few years back 49 lbs

sookefishing2007179.jpg

I know Trev and i have both been cursed by catching a big fish a day or 2 before the JDF derby I cant remember how big his was but mine about 5 yrs ago was a 46 off of obrian pt the day before the derby that year a 35 lb or so one the derby can you say shiat.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Nope it was the one up at knight Ive always said if I ever got one be it guiding or me Id get a replica done. its over my fireplace to look at every day.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

The very first salmon I ever caught was 33 lber at Renfrew august 1994. I had been up for a day with a friend and got skunked. The next day I hopped onto wolf's boat hoping to change some luck. Next thing you know bang, fish on. Being a Newb I thought I had lost the fish as it ran in towards the boat. I still recoil at the thought of Wolf screaming at me to reel faster! I remember getting the line all tangled up in the reel handle somehow too, and then needing to hand pull the fish in. We landed it and Roy told me you got a 33 for your first, and you should have lost it 3 times! It will take you a long time to beat that.

Exactly 12 years later, august 2006 I was fishing in sooke for the first time in years. I grabbed my camera before leaving the house(which I never do), I had a feeling about the day. I told my buddy something special was going to happen. nailed a 38 lber that afternoon.

Big Ragu I cant believe it was that long ago!!! I remeber that day like it was yesterday right at the end of the rock pile in 40 ft of water.
And you keep saying ive lost it ive lost it and me saying back no its there its got a "HOOK" in it LOL LOL great times for sure,
Thats when you could use a barbed hook and even if it had a bit of slack you still got your fish.
That was one heck of a week lots of fish, partying and fun.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

up to last summer i had never caught a tyee. lots of fish in the mid to high twenties. then i finally landed one. it weighed in at 32lbs after bleeding and sitting in the hold for five or six hours. offshore esperanza.

My biggest salmon came from the Seymour River in Oct of 98. Caught on a crodiile spoon dragged slowly along the bottom of a canyon pool. I have no weight, no pictures only the knowledge of how it measured out in relation to my hands on the tail wrist and it's belly and back as I cradled it to release.

Estimated the weight between 40-50lbs. That afternoon went 4-7 with the smallest being about 20. It was my best day spring fishing day ever.

49.9 pounds (it was so close with a non digital scale) using a cutplug just off of Green Island up near Prince Rupert, won the derby with that fish!

P8080007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice slab duds! did ya get that on the whole herring at scotland or steve french?

45lbs off Chaster Point (near Gower) in '93. Buzz Bombing in about 50 feet of water on spinning gear with 15lb test line. Towed my little tin can around for about 25 minutes.

When it came to the boat, my buddy netted it and then tried to leverage it into the boat (rather than closing the bag and pulling straight up). The net handle broke and he went into to the water up to his shoulders. The boat was on its side and inches from rolling. I grabbed his belt, pulled back and kept the boat from flipping. I then grabbed the net (in the water) and lifted the fish into the boat.

Back