Best rough water boat 24 feet or under

Been on a ‘27 Glacier Bay Offshore and i was doing the rosary thing and i’m not even catholic. thought we were done and the captain is no joke. has a 100 ton licence. on step was a different story. thing cut they the slip like nothing. just don’t stop and jig.

I own a 24 Monaro EXP with a bracketed OB. I would like to start with an apology to anyone who has suffered back pain while trying to follow us in on a rough day. This weekend it was a 27 Seaport and 45 sport fisherman who were not impressed when I passed them... soot was shooting out his tail pipe trying to keep up, but but he never did catch us. This boat can be set at 22 knots until you arrive at your destination.... a super tanker wake won't slow you down unless you worry about being airborne and back off. BTW airborne is not a problem she lands soft. Just keeps her head up and stays on plane regardless of the sea conditions. Every boat is a compromise... Lots of good options, IMO this is a remarkable design. It's really kind of funny to hear my daughter and wife asking why those other boaters are doing that? Meaning changing speed in the confused seas, chop, swells etc., when we don't. Lol

I own a 24 Monaro EXP with a bracketed OB. I would like to start with an apology to anyone who has suffered back pain while trying to follow us in on a rough day. This weekend it was a 27 Seaport and 45 sport fisherman who were not impressed when I passed them... soot was shooting out his tail pipe trying to keep up, but but he never did catch us. This boat can be set at 22 knots until you arrive at your destination.... a super tanker wake won't slow you down unless you worry about being airborne and back off. BTW airborne is not a problem she lands soft. Just keeps her head up and stays on plane regardless of the sea conditions. Every boat is a compromise... Lots of good options, IMO this is a remarkable design. It's really kind of funny to hear my daughter and wife asking why those other boaters are doing that? Meaning changing speed in the confused seas, chop, swells etc., when we don't. Lol
Where do you run out of? I'll take you on any day, any weather

Sequim... Ok if it's important to you, I'm sure you'll find an opportunity. Should we wait for a small craft advisory and then go play in the Straits of Juan de Fuca? I'll probably bring my wife and daughter. Cheers
Well you had the serious brag on there. I won't be down in Washington state anytime soon so you're safe. My Hourston has chewed on many Monaro's as they are kinda common in the Georgia strait

You really want this to be the first post you make on this website? I own a Seasport and I’d love for you to pass me in any kind of weather so I don’t have to worry about what you might do or not do running behind me

What do you have for power?

Why would anyone care if you passed them? Thats crazy though that your Monaro is somehow invincible when it comes to huge seas, freighter and I guess bc ferries wakes too? I guess if you like flying up 4 feet in the air at 20 knots and landing, i guess smooth as silk without so much as a rattle on deck, thats amazing. I would love to see this miracle boat take on a nw 20+kn wind in the straight doing 20 knots, truly would love to see that. Please film it as well too, please and thank you.

Best thread ever. Love the topic and the friendly banter. Honestly this size 23ish is my dream boat. but for now I like fishing for $30 of gas (and $120 in cannonballs!)
The Itchen Ferry Cutters used no gasoline at all. The ballast keels were well over a thousand stone I believe. And most were just under 23’
You could sail one to Hawaii if you had enough stones ;)
Exceptional sea keeping abilities!

Attachments

• 375EF6B7-59CF-448B-9756-4ADF97F8EAC9.jpeg
    375EF6B7-59CF-448B-9756-4ADF97F8EAC9.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 44
Back