Barkley sound

Jwolfe

Any one fishing socks yet, the natives had there nets across the river last week ?is everyone hush hush or what's going on?

Hmmm there's allready jumpers in sprout ,looks like last year ..must be the dam being out with more water flow and them shooting right up

It's only April. Not gonna school and feed with these water temps. Hopefully a warm march brings down the river levels by june

If I remember the Alberni Cannel Sockeye fishing is end of May thru June. Might just use the search on this site and read past years posts.

Pray for long hot summer with low water in the rivers. Last year was not too good. Way too many Mackerel. Too much spring rain last year stretching into summer. A really good year is when it's hot and dry for long time starting in spring. Then they won't go up the river much because water is too warm so they school up in the Inlet waiting for cooler water.......and that's when the fun starts.

It's only April. Not gonna school and feed with these water temps. Hopefully a warm march brings down the river levels by june

So... I just had to ask....I know Onchorhynchs nerka schools but do they school and feed while in PA inlet?

They school and feed quite heavily in the inlet when the river is low and the water warm. Makes for one of the best fisheries on Vancouver island IMO with constant action.

Well I know last year was the first year of the dam being pulled at great central,,that would make sence because before the somass would get a lot more sprout water ,witch tends to be warmer along with lower flows, now the dam is wide open .(higher flowes colder water)

A friend of mine was running down the canal a few days ago,he said around namint socks were jumping everywhere.No use fishing for them right now,this early run doesnt school up and rips straight up the river

Back