Bamfield Road Status

I think the huu-ay-aht nation have a strong interest in economic development that will set the tone for just how fast the ACRD moves along - willing to bet with $$ on the table things might change just a little bit. That road will be a game changer for attracting tourism, and there are still a few under utilized operations. I sense busier times ahead for ol' Blamtown.

I did the first 6kms yesterday, to China creek, like a highway now…..I didn’t expect it to be this good…. I heard they will do the section to Youbou next. Anyone heard this,or just rumours?

In the future, if all the roads are paved, Bamfield may see the first Tim Hortons being built there. Tahsis and Tofino might get one. who knows. fishing and forestry people love buying coffee.

Shoulders are very soft and high. Beware, no turning back once sucked in.
where you out with the crew this weekend? there was a scheduled shut down for sunday, then saturday it was out by storm and sunday outage got cancelled..
thank you for your service!!
yes the edges are dangerous and steep.. and SOFT!!!

Gonna be a lot more fatalities on that road now, I’m sure the locals will blame the gov for that, just like before when it was not paved.

Gonna be a lot more fatalities on that road now, I’m sure the locals will blame the gov for that, just like before when it was not paved.
depending on which locals.. a section of the road is called part of reconciliation, some want the business it will bring others do not. the majority where quite happy and non complaining when it was a crappy road.. we do all agree it is more dangerous now. then there are the new speculators around and would love to see Bam turn into a full on tourist trap. no thanks.

depending on which locals.. a section of the road is called part of reconciliation, some want the business it will bring others do not. the majority where quite happy and non complaining when it was a crappy road.. we do all agree it is more dangerous now. then there are the new speculators around and would love to see Bam turn into a full on tourist trap. no thanks.
It's inevitable that Bamfield is going go wide open soon

depending on which locals.. a section of the road is called part of reconciliation
. Wasn’t it a vehicle from the reserve that ran the bus off the road in the first place? Not sure what reconciliation has to do with it.

where you out with the crew this weekend? there was a scheduled shut down for sunday, then saturday it was out by storm and sunday outage got cancelled..
thank you for your service!!
yes the edges are dangerous and steep.. and SOFT!!!
I was, outage was canceled because the hatchery in Nitnat was hit by lightning and their transfer switch was faulty. They couldn’t go to the generator for the outage and they are right in the middle of busy season. We canceled so they can make repairs. Plus we don’t want to kill any potential fish!

could someone get the leaf blower out, the leaves are really making it dangerous and slippery.

Back