Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have trouble with fuel purchased in Bamfield lately? I dumped over a litre of water out of my filter during the weekend and trying to determine if it was bad fuel I purchased or some other problem.
Thanks

PLEASE RESPOND BY PM TO AVOID DISTURBING THE SH#$, THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a pleasure meeting Lucky Strikes and Get Bent at the BEAM. Had some good laughs around the fire. I (we, the crew) appreciate the kick in the butt to get us going early Tuesday morning last week. That was a fantastic morning for fishing, so thanks again. Hope to see you guys up there again next year.

Dave aka DaddysToy

Anyone have trouble with fuel purchased in Bamfield lately? I dumped over a litre of water out of my filter during the weekend and trying to determine if it was bad fuel I purchased or some other problem.
Thanks

Day after day, myself and a lot of other charter boats buy fuel from Brian at McKay Bay Lodge with no issues. Good clean fuel for sure.

Brian is the best, never have a problem and always willing to accommodate....Cant wait to get up there next week

Lance

I have also bought hundreds of gallons of fuel off Brian over the past three years. I have not yet encountered one drop of water. Brian and his staff are very careful about safety and have all the system built to provide good clean fuel. I also can't wait to get back out to MacKay Bay next week.

Thanks

just a guess but did you run your tank low a few times over the last couple months?

my guess is the water accumulated slowly and finally tripped your sensor.. Or you found it just from checking? Did your motor bog down under acceleration? When you say filter do you mean primary separator on the motor or a raycor inline type?

Off season moisture finally showed up?

I'm headed to seabeam from the 20-26th
Anyone else going to be out there in that time frame?
It's my first time fishing the west coast and I could use some pointers/ locations

Seems some of you are a little sensitive... One month ago my fuel sender was removed and my tank siphoned...ie NO water in my tank. I've used it every weekend this year and checked my filter every week. Sometime between Last weekend and this weekend more than 1 litre of water appeared in my tank. Maybe it was the station I filled up at in Port, maybe it was a gas dock in Bamfield, or maybe somehow, and I don't know how some of that heavy rain we had got in there...I don't know and I'm not blaming anyone.

The gas in question was not purchased at McKay Bay.

Alright its finally here on my way back to bam. Looking forward to 3 weeks of vacation, sounds like good fishing out there. Any reports on the weather.

DOF
ya handled it well , ya even posted for guys ta message you privately , NOT to make public remarks ,
as i told you , i learned my lesson , I am now having 2 large Raycor Seethrough WATER Seperators installed ,i bought the boat without them...
my motors have them built in as yours , not see through though !! BAD !!!
dealing with a few mechanics , locally , and In Bamtown , Water is a common problem , it doesnt take much ,
when ya spent the $$ that i did , its a lesson learned , dont put faith in any station , $hit happens ,
the fuel i purchased was from here in Van last fall , %100 , Ive been buying fuel from Poett and Uki , Mckay Bay for ALONG time , never had an issue , I did speak ta
my friend thats somewhat tied in with that other station we discussed , he will see if there were any issues there ,he is there tmrw... said there track record is pretty solid too

anyways , hope ur rides ok , back ta fishin

out the door as i speak !

later Dan

fd

Fishing Kirby and Stanford this morning 6 coho and 2 chins largest 15 pounds all on bait does anyone where the hump is in imperial chanel Barkley sound

It was a pleasure meeting Lucky Strikes and Get Bent at the BEAM. Had some good laughs around the fire. I (we, the crew) appreciate the kick in the butt to get us going early Tuesday morning last week. That was a fantastic morning for fishing, so thanks again. Hope to see you guys up there again next year.

Dave aka DaddysToy

Hey Dave,

It was indeed good to meet you guy's, glad the last kick at it worked out...it was a lot of fun!
We should be in the area same time next year...give me a shout if you ever want to go for a fish around the local waters....

Guy

i will be taking you up on the offer...see ya there!!! channel 6,, blair

We were out yesterday a long ways past 7 mile bank. The fish were so thick on the radar it looked like swarm of bees. Spring after Spring with the odd COHO and Sockeye. If you're into a long trip it's well worth it. Talk about a fish highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back