Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's ridiculous right now. A school of herring 1 mile by a quarter mile. A long run but back in fast with limits of springs

Nice you got to like that hopefully they get blown down this way so I'm not traveling as far to get big fish, wasn't out today but apparently Big Bank was on fire.

Nice you got to like that hopefully they get blown down this way so I'm not traveling as far to get big fish, wasn't out today but apparently Big Bank was on fire.

The salmon always end up moving eventually and we may be running down your way to follow them.
I've heard from a very reliable source that the Big Bank has been red hot for 3 weeks but they've been keeping it quiet

Moving out there today for the rest of the summer. Will be running Ian's monaro most days and the McKay boat for a few. Hope the winds ease up.

Just got settled after two sessions at big bank, it was some of the best fishing we have seen. Thursday we left McKay lodge at around 5:15 and headed out, managed only to get one rod in the water till we limited, Then we got out the spreader bars and picked up our halis, all around 25lbs..The hot spoon was 3.5 inch green and nickel at 99 feet on the rigger with a 12 lb ball at about 2.7 miles per hour. Friday we left Island west around 8 and the bigger fish were in, Managed to fish two rods and filled the coolers with some great 20 lb plus fish, the depth were deeper around 159 on the rigger and anchovie with 8 foot leader seemed to get the biggest fish.The salmon are stuffed with huge herring

Lance
Remax-mid Island Realty

Running 6" spoons at 14 mile all the way out to big bank is working.. Deep.. 150-180

Decent for sure.

aYup ;)

Been running plugs now for a while. DEADLY action at anywhere from 90 feet and down.

The odd day we can't get there due to wind, the Sound is still producing a few Large before they shut us down there in 10 days...

Leader_Board_3.jpg

Leader_Board_1.jpg

Catch Ya on the Back Tack... :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Fished Saturday through Sunday in the sound again, Cree to Swale.
Limits came early both days, but all smaller fish.
Hoochies were the rule for us.
As we approached our limits we focused on hunting bigger springs, but it was not to be.
My buddy picked up a nice coho dragging a bucktail off Austin using a little 4" Peetz, what an absolute blast that battle was! He knows what he is doing, and STILL got busted!

Anybody know of any one from Port Alberni to Nanaimo other than St. Jeans that does sports fish processing? Custom cutting and vacuum packing is what we are looking for.

There is a guy in Bamfield that does it. I don't know his name, but his wife is Jeannie and her number is 1 (250) 728-3752. They do vacuum packing and cleaning. Has a commercial vac machine.

In Ukee Far West will cut, vacuum pack and ship it right to your door step if you like. And if you want some fish smoked they will send some of the catch away to Trilogy in Tofino same thing they will ship right to your door step whether your in the USA, or in Alberta. Fishfull Thinking does the same thing in Ucluelet as well and both places use 5 ml vacuum bags and are very professional. Rates range from $1.50 a pound to $1.75 a pound for vacuum packing, and candied hot smoked which we recently had 50 pounds done and is fantastic costs $3.50 a pound. They also do cold smoked as well if you like salmon locks.

Probably heading to Bamfield this weekend, appreciate any updates. How inshore? Assuming offshore is still good (how far)?
Thanks

In Ukee Far West will cut, vacuum pack and ship it right to your door step if you like. And if you want some fish smoked they will send some of the catch away to Trilogy in Tofino same thing they will ship right to your door step whether your in the USA, or in Alberta. Fishfull Thinking does the same thing in Ucluelet as well and both places use 5 ml vacuum bags and are very professional. Rates range from $1.50 a pound to $1.75 a pound for vacuum packing, and candied hot smoked which we recently had 50 pounds done and is fantastic costs $3.50 a pound. They also do cold smoked as well if you like salmon locks.

I use Far West - they are not cheap, but do a great job.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Any info on the weather /wind conditions offshore.
I have been watching Enviro Canada reports , doesn't sound good. Hoping to get out to fish Hali, next week. Will be there over the Aug long weekend. Any info would be appreciated. How far out have people been able to fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back