Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with even numbers once in a while. 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, used to be 88 but now it's 87, 99, 111, 122, 133 and so on. Every one relates to a hockey player of course. LOL

Nothing wrong with even numbers once in a while. 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, used to be 88 but now it's 87, 99, 111, 122, 133 and so on. Every one relates to a hockey player of course. LOL

Usually have to go to 121 and 131 though as they don't produce. Should I be posting that in the Canucks thread? LOL

Okay,, a report... 100' in the deep water all around swale produced springs using a white n green 6" tomic spoon.
got 4 hali up to 122 cm's using fresh spring bellies. 7-9 mile was slow for springs but held coho.. Got one 25er trolling at 150' using a brown turd. Heard the nose was producing but dint get out with the green crew i had on board.. My 8 yr old does better than most but doenst like being offshore for 6 hrs.. Second day out for hali on the same spot at the same tide and nothin.. Well octo and cods and sharks dont count... Released a 5' long six gill.
The road in on wed night was horrible and leaving tuesday most had been graded.. Good luck to all out there,, be back in a week!!

TrophyWife's report mimics mine for location and depth on the inside.
Once when things were a bit slow, to mess with my son, I dropped one side 1 foot to be an even number. He snapped, good thing I still have 50lbs on him!
So last weekend, when it got a bit slow, I dropped 1/2' to get between even and odd. He didn't know what to do! We are still debating this one, is it lucky or unlucky? Is is even or uneven?
Good for a giggle anyhow.

I was talking to a pal in Victoria who heard that Fisheries may put restrictions/closure in place in the Bamfield area for sport fishing as of August 1. I sure hope this information is wrong ! Has anyone heard anything about upcoming restrictions ? Thanks. Cloud

I was talking to a pal in Victoria who heard that Fisheries may put restrictions/closure in place in the Bamfield area for sport fishing as of August 1. I sure hope this information is wrong ! Has anyone heard anything about upcoming restrictions ? Thanks. Cloud
I think they already have-have a look at the Chinook map as of 1 aug nothing over 77cm inshore and nothing up the canal.

Saw a couple nice springs from the Austin/Cree side this morning.....fished Swale in the late morning early afternoon ..nothing but lotsa of small springs and 3 cohoes... :)

How big is small springs late June I fished swale a fair amount and there were lots of 12 - 16 lbers is it still the same been offshore lately but now with the big seas the inside is looking a little more attractive.

Just spent 3 days at Haggards Cove. We fished Swale, the Back Door and Diplock primarily. Stuck our nose off shore on Wednesday for a bit. Couldn't get very far and didn't catch anything. Lots of springs showing up at Diplock. 4 guys on our boat with limits up to 25 lbs and many smaller ones released. Fished with large spoons and no flashers and caught as much or more as the other two boats in our party. Great weather inside and great fishing. Lots of coho around but they didn't seem too interested in what we were fishing with. Switched to hootchies and managed to catch a few.

How big is small springs late June I fished swale a fair amount and there were lots of 12 - 16 lbers is it still the same been offshore lately but now with the big seas the inside is looking a little more attractive.

6 to 8lbers...I was surprised I couldn't pull a couple 15-17lber usually it good for a couple for me....not this time... :)

Great report baddog offshore was not nice this morning 2 - 3 meter seas at 7 - 9 seconds they were this side of cresting. Heading out tomorrow think I may hit the inside first then go offshore for hali the days are to long when the deck of the boat is a dance floor when your playing fish lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back