Bamfield in August

Pippen

Hey Guys,

Curious how the 3rd week of August in Bamfield can be? Possibly the 16-20th?

The bulk of our crew and 3 boats is looking at the 9-13th but there is a chance one boat can't make it then.

Just curious how things are generally in the area by late in the 3rd week of August?

Have never fished but we're looking at 3 boats and about 10 guys in Bamtown for a change up this year as our Tofino dates seem to have got messed up.

Thanks.

That time frame has typically been good to us over the years. Usually find fish close home.

It doesn't matter if your moose hunting or salmon fishing ," When" you go is just as important as "Where" you go , say Hi to the " Seaspanker 2" we will be there as well , around the 20th and onward has always been the best for us for many years now .

It doesn't matter if your moose hunting or salmon fishing ," When" you go is just as important as "Where" you go , say Hi to the " Seaspanker 2" we will be there as well , around the 20th and onward has always been the best for us for many years now .

Who is a Seaspanker?

Should be some darn good Coho fishing around there by then as well I would think.

My group (3 boats) heading over to Bamfield August 4-9
Booked into the private Seabeam house
I will only be there Aug 5-7(maybe for 1 day more either side of those dates)
Will let you know how we make out when time comes
I did well last yr at same time (weekend after August longweekend)
We had great weather last yr..light winds a bit of "fogusts" in morning..was able to fish anywhere at anytime.
Hopefully the same this yr

Bam.jpg

Bam1.jpg

20160807_134057.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As already mentioned 20th and on would be my choice if you've only got one week. A bit earlier should be just fine, you will have a great time there.

I don't think I would risk it Pip. Usually by the 3rd week of August, there are no fish left as they have either moved on or been caught. The entire ocean is completely void of any life whatsoever and the winter storms have kicked in. 20 foot seas and blinding snow are the norm. All of the resorts have been boarded up for the winter and the infrastructure has gone home. No more food or beer deliveries, and the wolves and bears have moved in and occupied all of the houses. Pay no attention to the previous photos on this thread. Its lies...all lies.......:D

Some buds and I will be that way aug 7-11 looking forward to it... new to Hali fishing any help would be great from some of the pros feel free to pm me hint hint :):)

Looks like if we can make this happen we'll be crossing the straight from Vancouver, hauled out and into Alberni on the 9th and run out to Bamfield, fish 10-12 and back on the 13th.

If it does come together we'll be at the Pacific Gateway Lodge.

Some buds and I will be that way aug 7-11 looking forward to it... new to Hali fishing any help would be great from some of the pros feel free to pm me hint hint :):)

get a proper anchor system or backdrift the edges anywhere on the way out to big bank, hali all along the edges.. you just gotta find em!

practice anchoring inside first, anchoring on a hill out in the swell can be dangerous... try behind baerie rocks

hopefully the winters are still hangin , unreal fishing last trip ,
this time next year we'll be sendin down bellies on my new ride Blair !!
pumped...

keep in touch

felix

Can you 2 lovebirds get your own thread, call each other, send an email or private message? :D:p:D:p:)

Can you 2 lovebirds get your own thread, call each other, send an email or private message? :D:p:D:p:)

do you even fish out of bamfield?;):D

says the member who has made other threads his own nexopia.:rolleyes:

Back