Bamfield Fishing Reports

I did indeed here from C. bos and yes it will be open to the public to voice your concern as DFO will be there!!!!!!!!NOWS the time boys the more people present the more dfo will take notice as like I stated last year there was only a handfull of people there.

This year if all of a sudden there is a bunch of pissed off fisherman there and we make noise (but in a diplomatic way)!!!!!!!

SO mark your night down it is at esquimalt anglers
Nov 18th at 7 pm

If you dont attend then dont whine and cry later when they take it all away from us as this will happen this is just the beginning!!!! When I say this as SALMON will be next if we fight now we will make a difference for our future and your kids future.the ramifications will be monumental !!!!!!!!Ill post the itenery when I recieve one.

"COMMON GROUND" We all walk it!!!!! as our goals are all the same to catch and to preserve our fishery for the future.

COMMON GROUND!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com
Edited by - wolf on 10/28/2008 15:58:16

the Fog Ducker

IMG_1356-1-1.jpg

Try this again !! Getting Rusty , Thought I'd maybe dust off my thread , Ho-y Sh-t the forum is getting depressing ,Is it allway's like this during the off-season , MAN !! Not going to Bamfield , but , I am going to San Diego California , Tijuana Mexico for a little R & R , hang out with the the wife , say hi to Shiamu ( Not spelled right ) and friends. I am booking a charter ( that's right ) after bribing the wife with a visit to the local spa , and the passing of of my credit card , I am going fishing baby !! Tuna Tuna Tuna !! Hope the wind Co-Operates , it's to be 25 - 27 degrees for the week !! Sweet !! I will post some photos , Cheers , ;) FD

IMG_1356-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

quote:Originally posted by Slabby20

quote:Originally posted by Highliner

WeirdHoochie.jpg

That's the UV Bomb by Captain Downriggens. That's teamchachi's picture. He has had success with it up in Barkley.

http://www.captaindownriggins.com/ultra_violet_hoochies.htm

The green thing looks like a piece of straw. Maybe it gives it a bit more whip?

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

I emailed Captain Downriggin's to see where I could oder on line. The only place on line he has his hootchies is http://www.lfsmarineoutdoor.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=360

Slabby

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

Captain Downriggin's is a business man. That's a Luhr Jensen B2 Squid---a 3 inch or 4 inch one. It's in the "purple haze" UV tint. All he did was buy 'em in bulk and then tie them up and sell them as he is.

All the hootchies he lists on his website are Yama****as.

Don't fall for this and just make your own.

I am a businessman, but I am also a fisherman that is here to help...

Luhr Jensen no longer provides the B2 Squid and has done so in quite some time. If you see them in the packaging, they are approximately 6-9 years old... You can purchase bulk bodies from: www.B2Squid.com

I am not sure if my retailers will ship north or not, but if you run into issues, give me a buzz... Here to help!

Great looking forum!

I have 15# balls!

Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Try this again !! Getting Rusty , Thought I'd maybe dust off my thread , Ho-y Sh-t the forum is getting depressing ,Is it allway's like this during the off-season , MAN !! Not going to Bamfield , but , I am going to San Diego California , Tijuana Mexico for a little R & R , hang out with the the wife , say hi to Shiamu ( Not spelled right ) and friends. I am booking a charter ( that's right ) after bribing the wife with a visit to the local spa , and the passing of of my credit card , I am going fishing baby !! Tuna Tuna Tuna !! Hope the wind Co-Operates , it's to be 25 - 27 degrees for the week !! Sweet !! I will post some photos , Cheers , ;) FD

Nice. Are you going on a long range trip or just the So Cal area?

One of the things on my bucket list is to go on a long ranger down to some of the islands off the baja for cow tuna.

Hey , Not sure yet , I actually just arrived here a couple of hours ago,I will be going to H&M and Point Loma Sports Fishing Charters tomorrow , to book somthing for the upcoming next few days .I will not be going on a multi day charter , that won't fly !! HONEYMOON !! I have been granted a 3/4 day release for good behavior !! 6:00 Am to 5:00 Pm , I don't know what this will get me into ,Keep ya updated , Hope the winds stay calm , it was flat today !! Cheers , FD (back to the wife boy's ) ;)

IMG_1356-1.jpg

Good luck Ducker! Will most likely be bottom fish only. No tuna near shore this time of the year and not season for yellowtails...Enjoy anyway!

Chris , bang on buddy , bottom fish it was , back , all's good, had a blast today, 30 degrees , no wind and a serious sun burn !! was nice to be on the water , San Diego is awesome . However !! ,You folks have no idea how lucky we are in BC , Or most of us don't, let me tell ya , had a great chat with our captain, traded stories ,TIME CHANGES EVERYTHING !!, will fill ya in when I get back,were very fortunate to live in Beautiful BC bro's . I have got some great shots of my trip , show some when i return home , UNREAL !! Cheers , FD , ;)

IMG_1356-1.jpg

Hey Guy's back in town , Home Sweet Home , Got some great photos, Good times !!! I was Lucky enough to be at the docks, as we were loading our boat , a Charter just came in from a 10 Day Offshore Trip , WOW !!! I can't believe how many fish were spread out over the weigh in station floor , Huge ,Ridiculous Amounts, of very large fish , Over 300-400 for sure , Un Freakin real , give me a day or 2 to post !! Has anyone ever heard of or fished this Derby in the Bamfield area , if so , any dates for this year ?? The last weekend in February the Stamp Lake Loggers put on the "Winter /Spring Derby. Next year will the 18th year. A turnout out of between 300 & 350 anglers try to catch those great winter Springs. A fun filled 1.5 day derby hosted by the Nook. Free camping for the weekend - think about joining in. More details will follow in the next month.
Poett Nook MarinaCheers , FD ;)

IMG_1356-1.jpg

Report , November 18th 2008

Thanks Doug , FD;)

FISHING REPORT: PORT ALBERNI INLET, BARKLEY SOUND
By , Doug Lindores , Slivers Salmon Sports Fishing Charters , Port Alberni.

SOMASS-STAMP RIVER SYSTEM

The best fishing as usual at this time of year has been the Somass-Stamp River system. There is currently fresh Fall Steelhead coming in daily. The Fall Steelhead continue to follow the Coho which are still continuing to come into the River system daily even though their numbers are dwindling.

STAMP RIVER

There are still Coho and Chinook coming into the River system daily. When rainfall is high then the counters have a difficult time counting, as the clarity of the water can be very poor. At the moment clarity is almost perfect. But a week ago it was
poor and three or four days of counting was missed. The Chinook return is just over 22,000, which is 5,000 fish short of the original DFO forecast. However the Robertson Creek Hatchery has its total egg count. Coho returns have been superb with almost 43,000 returning to the Robertson Creek Hatchery ‘ Both species of salmon have also
been dropping their eggs in the river system. The Fall Steelhead fishing in the Stamp has been excellent. Guides have been hitting up to 12 fish per day on average during the last four or five days. Usually 30 to 45% of the fish caught are Hatchery fish so most boats are keeping 4 fish for guests per trip .
Usually November is the month when the Fall Steelhead go on a feeding frenzy. They are pounding the gravel beds and eating the freshly dropped eggs so that they fatten up for their winter stay-over. At the moment the Steelhead fishing is good in the Upper and Lower River. Since November 1st bait fishing in the Lower River or bellow "the bucket" has been allowed. Above "the bucket" or in the Upper River , only artificial lures are allowed to be used. The bait ban in the Upper River is year round. At the moment the guides have been using Jenson eggs, Alaskan beads, wool, and flies that look like eggs. The Steelhead, that are in the Upper River, that swim into the hatchery will be taken by the hatchery staff.These fish will be released back into the bottom part of the Lower River and they will once again be available for Anglers. In 2007 this release happened around the 16th of November. Right now it may not matter only because there are large numbers of steelhead in the system. At the moment we are organizing guests for fishing and an overnight stay in the lodge. The boats are set up for two guests per guide per boat. You don not need experience to fish for Steelhead. The guides who are very
courteous will help you as they are very knowledgeable. Steelhead fishing in the Stamp will continue into March , Summer, or Fall Steelhead can be caught until December 15th. Winter Steelhead can begin about the 20th of November and will last until the middle or end of March .

PORT ALBERNI INLET – BARKLEY SOUND

The Port Alberni Inlet and Barkley Sound are very quiet. Salmon Fishing Charter boat operators have basically put away their boats until the new year. Salmon fishing charters and salmon fishing guides are really hoping that there will be a sockeye sport fishery in the summer of 2009. The thought is that late June or the 1st of July that there will be an opening to sport fishing for sockeye. The sockeye sport fishery is a great opportunity for people to get out and enjoy a day of fishing in a relaxed and fairly inexpensive setting. Sockeye are the number one eating salmon. They are fantastic on the barbecue and are a number one canned salmon and also great for cold smoking. The Port Alberni Inlet should see a very healthy return of Chinook and Coho in August and September. We are already gearing up for the 2009 Salmon Derby which takes place in Port Alberni on Labour Day weekend.Barkley Sound should see some fairly significant feeder Chinook fishing beginning in late December and January. The Chinook will be constantly moving with the bait fish. Usually February is the month when the Herring spawn takes place. This spawn brings in even more feeders. Barkley Sound should also have some great fishing in June and July of 2009.

Ucluelet

This is the time of year when the weather makes it difficult to fish offshore. Of course there can be some day’s that we fish close to the Ucluelet Harbor or fish in the Sound or in the Mayne Bay area. Currently we are not fishing the area,but will begin fishing feeder Chinook in January. We are also organizing trips for our famous Seafood
Safari which we begin in March. This is a great time for all. Often there are some wonderful spring days on the open Pacific. Guests will have opportunity to fish for salmon, bottom fish, prawns, crab, and oysters.

For More Information
Doug Lindores
Slivers Charters Salmon Sport Fishing
dlindy@shaw.ca
www.catchsalmon-ca.com
www.catchsalmon.ca
250 724 2502
250 731 7389
***1 877 314 6800 ****

IMG_1356-1.jpg

Hey Boy's , well, put some photos together from our San Diego visit last week , not very exciting , i did only spend a day on the water , but , was cool. The 10 day Charter that came in , the pics with all the fish in bins, and on the ground were from that trip , about 20 anglers onboard a Huge Offshore Kickass Charter Boat, I only supposedly got to see ,half of the fish , they were still unloading , I had to leave on my Charter , That is a rediculous amount of meat per angler , I asked what they were going to do with all that fish , Freeze it , they claimed , WOW !! I'm guessing arround 400-500 pounds each ,mostly Tuna , various bottom dwellers, Bonita , believe large Dorado etc... give or take , How do ya like that Conservation !! Un Real. There is a couple of shots of a memorial, this represents all the anglers lives that were claimed by the Sea over the years , while out Sport Fishing The Un-Predictable ,Wild , Open Ocean , That's a nasty long list of guy's !! Again , Great City , Wish i could have fished a 2 Day trip offshore ( 20 miles ish ), they claim , they seen large schools the previous trip !! ., there were several Yellowtail brought in as well , the pic of a guy holding up a single Tuna , is a Yellowtail, Off to Portland I go , just purchased a Yamaha T-8 4 Stroke for my boat , power tilt , EL. Start , Remote Control , should make things a little easier , Cheers , FD ;)

San Diego , November 2008
[im
IMG_2045.jpg
g][/img]
[im
IMG_2098.jpg
g][/img]
[im
IMG_2085.jpg
g][/img]
[img
IMG_2089.jpg
][/img]
[im
Scans013.jpg
g][/img]
[im
IMG_1872.jpg
g][/img]
[im
IMG_2082.jpg
g][/img]
[i
IMG_1867.jpg
mg][/img]
[im
IMG_2116.jpg
g][/img]
[im
Scans016.jpg
g][/img]
[i
Scans017.jpg
mg][/img]
[im
Scans020.jpg
g][/img]
[im
Scans014.jpg
g][/img]
[im
Scans019.jpg
g][/img]
[im
Scans018.jpg
g][/img]

Cheers , FD ;)

IMG_1356-1.jpg

Very interesting Ducker..

Maybe this is why DFO should be charging Americans $1000 a license to fish in Canada.

Maybe this is why the Americans have no fish left!!! Oh don't worry...we're going that way too...only we're going to finish 5 years behind.

[xx(]

Sorry no Report , Just a little Winter Candy , A very good friend of mine sent me these photos off WCVI , Thought they were worth passing arround , UNREAL !!

Here’s some of our Cdn tax dollars at work!! Good jobs boys, who could ever retire from a job like that?

Dave Ashurst took them a few weeks ago (Fall of 2008) at Cox Bay near Tofino, B.C.. He had a tripod and a telephoto, and was in the right place at the right time for this coast guard lifeboat to hit some crazy swell. Good thing those boats can roll! Not sure about those guys on the top deck, though.

Thanks Jay , ;)

CoxBayCC6-cp.jpg

CoxBayCC1-cp.jpg

[im
CoxBayCC2-cp.jpg
g][/img]
[
CoxBayCC3-cp.jpg
img][/img]
CoxBayCC4-cp.jpg

[
CoxBayCC5-cp.jpg
img][/img]

Cheers FD;)

Sorry no Report , Just a little Winter Candy , A very good friend of mine sent me these photos off WCVI , Thought they were worth passing arround , UNREAL !!

Here’s some of our Cdn tax dollars at work!! Good jobs boys, who could ever retire from a job like that?

Dave Ashurst took them a few weeks ago (Fall of 2008) at Cox Bay near Tofino, B.C.. He had a tripod and a telephoto, and was in the right place at the right time for this coast guard lifeboat to hit some crazy swell. Good thing those boats can roll! Not sure about those guys on the top deck, though.

Thanks Jay , ;)

CoxBayCC6-cp.jpg

CoxBayCC1-cp.jpg

[im
CoxBayCC2-cp.jpg
g][/img]
[
CoxBayCC3-cp.jpg
img][/img]
CoxBayCC4-cp.jpg

[
CoxBayCC5-cp.jpg
img][/img]

Cheers FD;)

Right on, glad its not me in my double eagle out there!!!! My new sterndrive is finnaly installed and the boat will be in the water tommorow..which means ill be in The Nook next week , for a long a waited fishin trip. ill report when back.

Lance

Right on, glad its not me in my double eagle out there!!!! My new sterndrive is finnaly installed and the boat will be in the water tommorow..which means ill be in The Nook next week , for a long a waited fishin trip. ill report when back.

Lance

You can really appreciate the job the Coast Guard does when you see pics like that. It may look like fun, but it's extremely dangerous work at times. A friend of mine who worked for the Coast Guard was lost at sea durring a rescue operation. They earn every dollar, and then some.

You can really appreciate the job the Coast Guard does when you see pics like that. It may look like fun, but it's extremely dangerous work at times. A friend of mine who worked for the Coast Guard was lost at sea durring a rescue operation. They earn every dollar, and then some.

Back