Bamfield accommodation recommendations

Tips Up

Considering running up to Bamfield for the first time in the next couple of weeks. Probably for 2 nights.
Looking for recommendations for moorage for 17 ft boat and reasonable price place to stay for 2-3 guys.
Any other tips for the trip.
Thanks

McKay Bay lodge was good for us. Good food, Moorage, has a freezer and reasonable pricing.

We stayed at Imperial Eagle Lodge. It was nice and clean, and well appointed, if you are bringing the family

Thanks for replies. Sounds like Seabeam and McKays are good options for me and a buddy to do first trip. Then I can scout out some nicer places to take family next year.

We stay at McKay bay whenever we work down there. We have a crew down there next week and I was told they are totally booked until after labour day. Worth a call but might be a little late.

Unless you can rent the loghouse on the right or place on left, both from Brad
Our group have been fishing Barkley for over 20 years with a lot of the years staying in Bamfield. Brad has rented us his cabin before and for the last few years his big log house. Our reservation this year are August 4th to the 11th. We're from Washington. The border will open up the 9th for those Americans that are fully vaccinated (that would include our group). Long and short, the late border opening and travel time to Bamfield isn't going to work with our three boats.
So, these dates should be available this year to some other group if your are late to book lodging. We can't (won't) cancel and leave Brad holding the bag, that just isn't going to happen. But, we would like to find someone who is interested in taking some of our time.
Call Brad directly or send a PM and I will get you in touch.
--Chelsea

Our group have been fishing Barkley for over 20 years with a lot of the years staying in Bamfield. Brad has rented us his cabin before and for the last few years his big log house. Our reservation this year are August 4th to the 11th. We're from Washington. The border will open up the 9th for those Americans that are fully vaccinated (that would include our group). Long and short, the late border opening and travel time to Bamfield isn't going to work with our three boats.
So, these dates should be available this year to some other group if your are late to book lodging. We can't (won't) cancel and leave Brad holding the bag, that just isn't going to happen. But, we would like to find someone who is interested in taking some of our time.
--Chelsea
anyone know brads number?

--Chelsea

Our group (3 boats) are there just before your rez. heading up on the 30, log house on the right

I stayed at Mills Landing and it was great. The cabins slept 3 no problem. Nice to have your own place. $300 night not bad when split 3 ways. We didnt have moorage but I am sure they have it. Also has fish processing which was great.

We are booked in at McKay’s this weekend.
can I get salt ice up in Bamfield or do I have to fill cooler here?

Back