Inflatable dingy recommendations

I bought the Highfield UL 240 which wasn't cheap but it is light at 78 lbs and the fact that it’s a RIB makes it easier to step into alongside the swim platform. It is a bit of an ordeal for me to wrestle it up on top from the water by myself and as I get older this could become prohibitive. I have a 6 hp outboard for it as well but I often just row it ashore.
If I had to do it again I might look into a two person inflatable kayak. I’d like to eventually add radar to my equipment and there isn’t enough room on my roof rack for both.

just bought a Tobin sports one today at Costco, the cheaper light weight green one, not the traditional looking tender style. I fiqured it’s light and cheap and will work for the amount of times we’ll actually use it. Size to weight ratio was the biggest selling factor for me.
Saw the same one the other day at Costco and will be picking it up. In the summer we'll strap it to the roof and when we anchor in bays for overnighters it'll get us and the dogs to shore or a small island for exploring.

Saw the same one the other day at Costco and will be picking it up. In the summer we'll strap it to the roof and when we anchor in bays for overnighters it'll get us and the dogs to shore or a small island for exploring.
Wouldn't a dog pop it? Not to criticize, just curious.

Wouldn't a dog pop it? Not to criticize, just curious.
Not 100% sure. The reviews and the display item seemed pretty good. Might have to throw a blanket down first? We'll only use it a couple of times a year so don't want to spend much more than this.

Back