ATTENTION: JOIN THE WAR ON FISHFARMING!

Awesome vision, LH! :) How big was the fish though? Hatchery? Wild? No seal attacks? Oh, I wish it was 2037!

I'm with you email sent.

As a suggestion: I don't know what it would cost but how about renting a stall at the Vancouver Boat show and collect names on a petition? I'd contribute towards that.

Howdy,

I second that RM - great idea Grumpy.
Idea's like this are one reason I'm looking forward to the 'Alliance's' first organization meeting.

When it happens - I trust all of you will bring your ideas to the table.

I would like to take a moment to remind each and every one of you that - with all due respect to the critically important work on fishfarm sea-lice that Alexandra Morton has done of late - sea-lice are but one of many issues in contention with the net-pen industry.

Lest we not forget:

- the millions of escaped non-indigeonous Atlantic salmon colonizing our ecosystem.

- the disease/parasite transfer issues to our Wild Salmon.

- the tons of pollution these farms dump into our marine ecosystems.

- the overall 'quality' of the product compared to 'Wild' product.

- the comparatively few jobs created by the industry in relation to the true cost of having them do business here.

- the BC Commercial fishermen who can't compete with the farmers because of the cheaply produced fish they market.

- Last but not least: THE FACT THAT THE VERY EXISTENCE OF THIS TERRIBLE INDUSTRY HAS PROVEN SUFFICIENT DISTRACTION CAUSING THE D.F.O. TO GIVE PAUSE FROM RIGOROUSLY ADDRESSING OTHER IMPORTANT WILD PACIFIC SALMON MANAGEMENT AND ENHANCEMENT ISSUES. THEY SEE FISHFARMING AS THE ANSWER TO OUR DECLINING WILD-RESOURCE PROBLEM.

THIS SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!</u>

"I refuse to sit idle and see these great Wild-fish - pass the way of sanity and logic in Ottawa!"

Tonight the 'ALLIANCE' stands at: 32</u>

'SINK-THE-FISHFARMERS!'

Cheers,

Terry

Howdy,

I've fired-off a group/email to each of you members to confirm your registration.

Let me know (here on the forum if necessary) if there's a problem with my/your email.

Thank you all for the 'Bumps'... I guess it's too much to ask of the SFBC staff/moderators to embed it at the top so it stays there.

Spread the word!

'SINK-THE-FISHFARMERS!'

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

If any of you received the email I sent you this morning could you please let me know. My email server advised my that there was a problem with the 'Theriaults' email address. Don't know if the rest of em' went through.

Maybe someone on the SFBC/staff could check the email link on the website to Ernie Fedoruk. I just spent the last hour typing him a letter only to have it rejected when I tried to send it.

Frustrating!

Howdy,

Just got off the phone with Ernie Fedoruk,(the Ernie Fedoruk).

God Bless Him for all the hard work his done over the years on behalf
of the Sportfishing folks in BC.

I resent him the email letter I did this morning and I think he's received it okay.

He's retired now but is indeed on the same page as we are.
Ernie is very well connected and knowlegable; he'll do what he can.

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

Just finished a letter to Bill Otway. Hopefully the email address I found online was correct.

Man-o-man, could we use a guy like him in our ranks.

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

Just heard back from Bill Otway. Sad to say he's got too much on
his plate to join the cause.

Too bad. This movement could use him.

Cheers,
Terry

Got your email , am awaiting next steps , I have contacts in the middle management areas of DFO etc through my other pursuits that may be helpful.

AL

Maybe we should talk to Brendon Morrison? He's a sportfisherman.

I have your email- I.I.

Little Hawk, I have sent you an email.
Please add my name to the fight.

C'mon guys jump on board and lets work together to send a message to our elected officials and work to save the resource. The only failure is in not trying. Bump it up.

Back