Arima 17' Sea Chaser....what are you thoughts on this one

So does that mean the Sea Chaser has more room in the back because of the smaller cuddy?

yes, the 17' Sea Chaser has approx the same deck room as the 19' Sea Ranger.
in my opinion they are the best fishing layout of the Arima boats.

Thanks for the info Scott, I'm heading to Yankeeland next week for a few days with the wife. She's on business, I'm on pleasure. I 'l have some time to kill so I'm going to take a sniff around. Do you think she'd notice if I was towing a boat back?

Gotta disagree Scott.
The 16' SC is much better, and more user friendly.
(Gotta say that in case I decide to sell mine, but otherwise agree with you.)

Gotta disagree Scott.
The 16' SC is much better, and more user friendly.
(Gotta say that in case I decide to sell mine, but otherwise agree with you.)

I think we are on the same page Doug, i also think the SC has the best layout.
are you saying the 16' is better than the 17' :confused::confused:

Just kidding you a bit Scott.
The 17 is a great size of boat .
But, also saying the 16 is good too.
A few hundred pounds lighter - easier for towing, launching, smaller motor requirement etc.
I'm happy and impressed with my 16.

Couple of things: My partner and I bought a 19 ft Sea chaser from Georgia 1 1/2 years ago with a trailer and a 130 Honda. We love the Sea Chaser layout--it's like a dance floor in terms of space. The cuddy is small but it's only a day boat for us anyway and there is lots of room to store our gear--which is all we need. Someone mentioned that you will get a better deal on Arimas in Washington or Oregon rather than getting one from further away. It is true you will usually get a better deal in those 2 states than here in BC but for us the reverse was true. The gentleman we bought it from in Georgia was a boat nut(some of you may be familiar with this affliction!)--he had several boats and was getting rid of a few. In the Georgia/Florida market no one knows anything about Arimas and the market was depressed so we paid very little for the boat. It cost us $2500 to get it shipped across to Everett where we picked it up. As someone suggested, it's a good move to print the on line price to show the border officials because they didn't believe my price until I showed them the ad. As far as the boat goes--we're 2 seasons in and couldn't be happier--it's light, handy for towing, gets us out to Swiftsure (on a flat day) and is easy on gas.
Cheers,
T2

I'm getting lucky with the boat I'm picking up. The guy is bringing it over this weekend from Olympic Peninsula, then I meet him at his parents place up in Ladysmith. No borders, no customs, no shipping fees. Turns out we grew up in the same town, went to the same high school, and have some of the same friends. He was one year older than me. Crazy.

Back