what do we think its worth here in BC

kingblazer84

Hey Boys so im looking at getting back into the game and found a decent deal for me right now to get back into with a 95 hewes searunner 17' its clean rig for sure just wondering what do we think its worth up here as far as value goes im trying to snag it for 13,000 USD and by the time I cross the border it would be more like 15,000 USD I know the main and kicker are kinda crappy being 2 stroke and older but is what it is and I will always upgrade later on down the line. Ive been talking to the buyer and currently looking at some options here to snag it up. Id love to step up to 18 + footer but the prices are still ridiculous imo for used product.

1995 17' Hewescraft Searunner

90hp Mariner oil injected main
6hp Mariner kicker w/ steering bar to main
Minn Kota Ulterra 24v (auto deploy/stow, spot lock, auto pilot, quick release mount, etc.)
2 dedicated Interstate batteries for the Minn Kota Onboard dual bank marine battery charger
Lowrance Elite-7
Icom Marine Radio
2 electric Scotty downriggers w/ 12lb balls
Ace electric pot puller w/ hands free line attachment
Full canvas enclosure with zip off panels
LED gunnel light strips
5 crab pots with buoys, leaded line, and bait containers
2 shrimp pots with leaded line, bait containers, and lots of buoys
2 rubber bumpers
2 life jackets, flares, horn, and fire extinguisher
Single axle trailer w/ all LED lights

00R0R_hv3Puf92WbN_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I can't recall all the details but when I brought a boat on a trailer from Washington in 2017 the $13k US purchase price settled out to be pretty much $20k Canadian after exchange, taxes, inspection and whatever else there was. Just as a point of reference for you. All the little costs added up fast.

I’d make sure that Minn Kota was the salt water version? If it is or you fish fresh that is pretty expensive option as are the other accessories. Also the steel trailer might rust again if you are in the salt.

I’d budget 5 plus hundred for suspension seats, for cheap ones 1,300 for a good base if you have a bad back.

It looks like a replacement canvas so check the condition, quality and if has 6 feet of stand up inside. The fellow selling his sea runner on here without a canvas is asking way to much just because of the cost of replacing one in my opinion.

I think it’s worth 20k CAD but maybe if the 6hp was a 4 stroke? Running with a 2 stroke is fine but trolling with a canvas can catch the smoke. Plan to repower with a used 4 stoke main will put you at 30k cad almost.

I agree old 2 strokes aren’t worth much, I’d offer him 10k and tell him he can keep the motor or 8k and he can keep the motor and fishing gear (you keep the Minn Kota) that way you don’t have to pay taxes on the stuff if you don’t need it, if you do need the fishing gear is a good deal.

Good luck I loved my 2006 searunner

Thanks for the input guys yeah I’ve always known the mariners to be the $hits, but I’m going to get the guy to run some compression tests on em, I figure since I’m 99% fresh water won’t be brutal on the trailer and or the Minn Kota as well. My other thought is that I would prob sell off the prawn gear and crab gear less the ace pot puller and possibly the Minn Kota as I would be switching to a 4 stroke kicker anyways for now. Suspension seat bases are a must for sure.

The top seems decent, haven’t seen it in person yet though, he did say as I’m 6’3 I would have to duck into there but even on my Wife’s uncles 2017 hewes 18 sportsman I have to do that lol the joys of being tall..

I’m torn, I’d love another glass boat but love the alum for a lot less hassle tbh. And I just can’t justify 30k+ for a used boat at this stage at the way rates are etc 12%! Or even 10.5
Is stupid as hell!

Just remember its about 40 cents on the dollar then whatever fees and taxes slapped on at the border I'd plan for 20k Canadian is that still a deal?
Totally agree on that front I’ve calc some numbers for sure, only issue is that nothing in Canada period can even touch that boat from the stand point of gear included etc yes old 2 strokes but even then the best deal I’ve seen was for a 18’ for 22k with no trailer and a old 140 Johnson! No kicker Lol and on the island etc or I can get old StarCraft riveted with old 2 strokes they are 8k which not a huge fan but would work I dunno lol

I’m also restricting myself a bit I guess by wanting under 25k..

I was too slow and lost out, if anyone finds a deal like that again please let me know
Can't open the pics to copy them but here's a start.

Built 1998
Refurbished offshore motor mount added by original builder and new power 2019 - 70hp Yamaha very low hrs. (About $12k)
New seats, New top canvas and frame (about $3k), paint, fishing Rod rocket holders on new arch, new gps/fish finder , vhf marine radio and antenna, radar reflector, Lowrance HDS Carbon (2022), wash down hose/nozzle, river anchor/chain/rope/buoy, downrigger mounts, Scotty plugs, roadrunner trailer (well maintained) side guides aluminum added. Imperfections will be noted on viewing, nothing will be hidden. This is an excellent all round boat used 90% on Stave Lake, %10% Nootka Sound. Originally built for Fraser River salmon (
🤦‍♂️
) heavy duty bottom.
Top speed 29.5 mph, very very fuel efficient (two) portable tanks, upgraded Yamaha controls can control rpm for trolling, motor broken in and First Yamaha service done. On water test upon offer with deposit.
Boat is currently under cover for winter and I’m still snowed in north of Mission BC.

Can't open the pics to copy them but here's a start.

Built 1998
Refurbished offshore motor mount added by original builder and new power 2019 - 70hp Yamaha very low hrs. (About $12k)
New seats, New top canvas and frame (about $3k), paint, fishing Rod rocket holders on new arch, new gps/fish finder , vhf marine radio and antenna, radar reflector, Lowrance HDS Carbon (2022), wash down hose/nozzle, river anchor/chain/rope/buoy, downrigger mounts, Scotty plugs, roadrunner trailer (well maintained) side guides aluminum added. Imperfections will be noted on viewing, nothing will be hidden. This is an excellent all round boat used 90% on Stave Lake, %10% Nootka Sound. Originally built for Fraser River salmon (
🤦‍♂️
) heavy duty bottom.
Top speed 29.5 mph, very very fuel efficient (two) portable tanks, upgraded Yamaha controls can control rpm for trolling, motor broken in and First Yamaha service done. On water test upon offer with deposit.
Boat is currently under cover for winter and I’m still snowed in north of Mission BC.

Yeah saw that one this am, gunwale height looks super short.. I’m waiting to hear on some of those specs

Back