Another Hourston Build

Sweet, we're updating another Hourston! Love these threads, and love these boats too. Good luck with the project, looking forward to watching it progress

The boat came from a fella in Port Alberni that had passed. His wife sold me the boat.
Nice to see that Corey's old boat will be back on the water. We bought and podded his 20' Double Eagle just before he died. He seemed like a really neat guy with a passion for boating and the west coast.

Nice to see that Corey's old boat will be back on the water. We bought and podded his 20' Double Eagle just before he died. He seemed like a really neat guy with a passion for boating and the west coast.
Brian ya can't just tease like that with the podding of the 20' Double Eagle, pics ??

Brian ya can't just tease like that with the podding of the 20' Double Eagle, pics ??
We had a build thread going on here a year and a half ago when my son and I did the project. I'm not sure if the pics got lost in the system upgrade or not.

I had to go back to Terrace for work for the past six weeks, but in an effort to keep progress moving on the boat we had the new power installed, and had some of the custom upholstery done. Almost all of the goodies have arrived and are waiting for installation. Picked up the HDS Live yesterday, the Espar D2 came in the mail along with the Garmin TR1 autopilot, switch panels, fuse blocks, new Bennett 12x12 trim tabs, high volume bilge pump, and rolls of tinned wire to redo the wiring, and a west systems starter kit to patch holes. I've got 2 days to work on her before heading back to work so we'll see what's possible.

IMG_0019.jpg

The HO version of that motor must be close to 350hp?

The HO version of that motor must be close to 350hp?

I think I got the wrong panels. As far as I know there is no 300hp HO model. The 250 HO is the exact same block/cowling etc, so I think mine must have shipped with 250 HO panels. Doesn't really bother me, and I'm sure it'll send a few folks head scratching.

The only negative of swivel pedestal seats is there is no storage under them

Spent all day installing the heater. This is the fourth one I've done so I expected it to go faster. After troubleshooting everything I can think of, I called CoolIt in Abbotsford, sounds like a bad ECU and I need to ship it back. So much for making progress this trip... will try the TR1 tomorrow, that looks simple enough.

Demolition time! Dad got into it today... Rob did up the plan for what's going in.. eventually. Does anyone have experience building with king starboard? Apart from it being heavy, seems like a nice solution, no finishing required. Any tips on layout that jumps out to anyone?
IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg
Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525206.jpg

Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525201.jpg

Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525202.jpg

Starboard is very expensive and very heavy. If you have any questions on working with it, the manufacturer website is good, and industrial paints and plastics has been helpful with info on the product also.

Suggest don't put the sink in the corner like that for two reasons - 1, everything will slide down the countertop and into the sink when running, and 2. when you need to rinse off something large like a breakfast pan you won't get able to run the pan back and forth under the water before hitting the wall with the pan.

Last edited:
Industrial Plastics will custom design anything you want for Starboard. I had them do my dash area for my two GPS units on my boat. They mill it shape it just like a c&c machine for metal. Give them the design and they’ll do it.

Demolition time! Dad got into it today... Rob did up the plan for what's going in.. eventually. Does anyone have experience building with king starboard? Apart from it being heavy, seems like a nice solution, no finishing required. Any tips on layout that jumps out to anyone?
IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8620.jpg
Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525206.jpg

Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525201.jpg

Hannas%252520Boat%252520Pic%2525202.jpg
What program are you using for design? That looks handy...

Industrial Plastics will custom design anything you want for Starboard. I had them do my dash area for my two GPS units on my boat. They mill it shape it just like a c&c machine for metal. Give them the design and they’ll do it.
Which Industrial Plastics? I googled them and there are a few with similar names.

Back