accomations in bamfield or ukee

looking to go to bamfield or ukee in may need a niceplace to stay with boat i have stayed at mills landing which is great but for just me and the wife 150.00 a night is to much.anybody have any suggestion.

The 150 is totally worth it IMO. Great little comfy places, everything you need, fish cleaning and processing and some decent folk hang around there.

mills is great and the people but i cant afford it and seabeam is good for a bunch of guys but not so good for me and the skank aka the wifr lol. i know i am tough to please but 100.00 a night would be perfect

mills is great and the people but i cant afford it and seabeam is good for a bunch of guys but not so good for me and the skank aka the wifr lol. i know i am tough to please but 100.00 a night would be perfect

Seabeam has a few camping trailers on site that they rent out for a good rate. A little more privacy than the lodge but def not 5-star!

I think they were going to set up some atco trailers there. There is also places to rent at poett nook

Ya you won't get anything cheaper that the beam here.

I'm not as familiar with Ucy, but doubt it highly. The budget you discuss is what I used to do with buddies, always upped the anty a bit with a woman!!!

But believe me I understand budgetary constrains and have had to exist within their perameters for years!!!

Bring a tent and hit Pachena Bay. Gorgeous view, price is right... If you need a solid roof... I told you all I know!!

The Sea beam did put an atco shack in and hear it is clean and not bad. I think the kitchen is outside though,but I could be wrong.

If you end up on the Ukie side,we stayed at the Island West motel.It aint the Ritz but was ok. Bed was good and bathroom/shower ect was clean. A guy I work with and his wife went over and stayed there in may for a hali trip. She did not kick him out of the house afterwards so it must have been ok.

I think it was 89 a night pluss the boat. They have a decent launch and good marina right there.

Here is the link

http://islandwestresort.com/

Looks like it is 79 per night plus moorage until May 31 then up to 89.

Cheers: Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seabeam has 3 Atco trailers that they have converted to nice little living quarters. They have 2 sets of bunk beds, pull out couch, table and chairs, small fridge. sink, utensils. They are very nice and comfortable. They have 2 shitters and showers for the trailers which are also nice and clean. 30 bucks a head per night! Tough to beat that! The trailers have power and there is a freezer you can use to freeze your fish. Moorage for your boat is extra, 75 cents a foot. It's a great spot. Lets be honest here, most of us aren't looking for any 5 star joint to stay at when we are fishing. Looking forward to getting back there in June.

Ditto on the Beam...great for on the cheap, they have a fire pit up top and a BBQ, the shitters and the showers were an awesome addition.
Hopefully they get a good guy as Patric is gone now, he was a good guy.

If you know the time of year you plan to come exact dates we maybe able to help our properties are pretty high end but we do offer specials time to time. If your during late spring or summer months the rates jump but I would be happy to suggest a place in Ukee. One thing to consider is Bamfield is a fish camp pretty much. If your lady likes things other than gravel roads then Ukee will be best. Theres great restaurants a couple pubs the roads are paved and the Pacific Rim Park has many Pachenas ( long sandy beaches ) but a lot bigger. Tofino is only 30 minutes away as well. Not to mention there's a new Zip Lining that goes through river canyons, surfing, many kayak outfits, a couple good tackle shops and 2 Marine shops if you need one. Just some food for thought if roughing it or good enough works then Bamfield will be great. Our other business site is www.naturalelementsrentals.com we have places with hot tubs, beachfront, oceanview to rustic cabins and like I said if the rates are up when you come I will pass along a couple contacts that will work with your budget.

Good Luck! You know what they say a happy wife is a happy life, Save now but you will pay later! LOL!

Id take my wife to the Seabeam, great spot for your budget, but my wife is not a city slicker she grew up in a cabin on a beach in Newfoundland with 10 brothers and sisters so shes not too fussy!! She would love the Beam.

Good point Duffer we used to do the majority of our camping in the back of a Ford Ranger with a canopy or tenting in the Gulf Islands and it was great!

Back