500 to 1000 dollar fish finders

These guys have some amazing prices this price includes map You may have to change stores to find stock There is stock in Ottawa. I saved $350 over local price on a hook 9 Comes with Garmin Contour + maps

Last edited:
Thinking of a helix 5 style with internal gps, card slot for nav
Any info and reviews would be appreciated
The Lowrance Elite FS9 (without the bundle) last time I checked is available from several outlets for a grand.
The Elite FS 9 is an HDS Carbon.
The reason I mention this unit is because it’s a great stepping stone because it will support a radar or an autopilot and more than compatible with all the NMEA 2000 goodies.
I’m a firm believer now in using the high end of a budget for electronics because it’s less likely to become obsolete as quickly as opting for inexpensive or previous generation models.
It’s also a really nice unit and I like how they incorporated the card reader.
As an FYI if you have a Navionics card that was made after 2020 (I believe) you can update the card for $40’ish bucks instead of having to buy new ones when they expire.

This is just my opinion

Last edited:
I tried and came up with a different model 1000+ and out of stock
Thanks for sending link
This one does not have side view (SV) although the web link says it does but it does have clear view. Transducer is not a newer one. GT 54 or 56 is what the SV versions come with. I would compare with the Cabelas sale version of SV with 54 or 56 and possibly built in west coast chart, not the lake chart version or you’ll be buying the chart micro card too. They’re not much but there is a west coast version built in.

They corrected their mistake but I got a bunch of fishing and boating stuff from Bass Pro in Tsawwassen a few years back when they honored the website prices. They were the US prices advertised in Canada, only on the website, in the store they were much more expensive.
They being a Lowrance hook 9 advertised for $349 on a super sale and some PFD's at $45. These were US prices but advertised in a Canadian store without stating the currency. The Lowrance came with everything, triple side scan transponder. I got a few other things as well.

But they have corrected that error now. I was going to buy two of the Lowrance but they were frowning at that point.

All that was needed was to go to Tsawwassen's website, corrected now though.

The Canadian price in the store was $900 to $1000 or so

Now I just have to figure it out :confused:

What’s the difference between, Hook, Chirp, elite, HDS blah blah blah? . It never ends and is slightly confusing to someone who just wants a fishfinder and doesn’t have the higher education required to figure out what it all means. It’s almost like the same guy who writes the regs for DFO works for lowrance

What’s the difference between, Hook, Chirp, elite, HDS blah blah blah? . It never ends and is slightly confusing to someone who just wants a fishfinder and doesn’t have the higher education required to figure out what it all means. It’s almost like the same guy who writes the regs for DFO works for lowrance
I second that !

Comes down to screen resolution, processing speed and network capabilities.

for my money, I would go with the Lowrance Elite. A few more bucks than the Hook, but I sure like mine.
Reads the bottom at 30 mph in 150' and more. It does come with side scan, which I think is useless in deep water.

Clearance sale at Poco Marine.

With the good transducer, this is as low as I have seen them. $849

Chart plotter with mapping. $999

Back