23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
My wife's friend's husband is podding a 24 DE that apparently has a command bridge on it from factory. I was trying to convince her to tell him to start a thread lol.

Aces, are those Mercs 6 cylinders? I'm guessing the 115's are 4 bangers and they would be revving their brains out to get that boat moving, command bridge and all that so having some torque back there will really pay dividends.

By the way that Hourston Sportfish has been for sale forever.
The 150 Mercs are 3.0 L and are 4 cylinder motors too

Hey I just though, is there not anyone else doing a restro of any kind? I would lov to follow someone else for a change instead of myself :oops: lol
Almost went out to look at a 9 foot Boston Whaler today, that needs a restore but then I have my head a shake. I have a little hull and deck work to do on the C-Dory this winter but it would only excite the cbrats. SFBC members love the big boat restores, I remember when I missed out on a Big Red Hourston in Victoria about 8 years ago! Now I live vicariously through you between putting kids down to bed and getting the camper ready for camping. PS I think the sight lines for fishing in a pack from the back deck of your boat will be great! It’s looking perfect.

Panels complet, install tomorrow... 4 days start to finish product, whew! :cool:

What ya'll tink? lol I will install a black anodized end cap...

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0695.jpeg
    IMG_0695.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    449.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
What are you filling the seam with on the inside?

Don't know o_O Was thinking a bead of white Sikaflex

What is your professional recombination? :D

Don't know o_O Was thinking a bead of white Sikaflex

What is your professional recombination? :D
My professional opinion says you should have used less caulking and the joint might have looked ok with a nice gap. My life is all about nice reveals these days. :confused:

My professional opinion says you should have used less caulking and the joint might have looked ok with a nice gap. My life is all about nice reveals these days. :confused:

Disagree! LOL

Personally I like nice fitting scribing and no gapage :)

So what happened?!

What are you referring to, what gab, at the tops of the panels? I am taking your advise, its not a piano lol

Yah the gap looked clean. Could have used a tape gasket there and bingo bango you're done.

Geeze, cut a guy some slack, its not installed yet, i had to ever so gently put them in place for a photo-op. :rolleyes: Ya gots to read the post "Panels complet, install tomorrow" haha

Are you sipping spirits and trolling again? :D

Geeze, cut a guy some slack, its not installed yet, i had to ever so gently put them in place for a photo-op. :rolleyes: Ya gots to read the post "Panels complet, install tomorrow" haha

Are you sipping spirits and trolling again? :D
Ooh is that not caulking? Looked like some bleed out. I still think you should make a nice tight joint or an intentional 1/8" gap there. Caulk joints suck.
Screenshot_20200820-192431_Chrome.jpg
And no I'm just holding you to your own damn standard Robert. How will you sleep at night if I don't approve! ;)

Ooh is that not caulking? Looked like some bleed out. I still think you should make a nice tight joint or an intentional 1/8" gap there. Caulk joints suck.
View attachment 56117
And no I'm just holding you to your own damn standard Robert. How will you sleep at night if I don't approve! ;)

I am going to have to change the resolution on posted pics from here on in so ya can't zoom them, lol jk Thank you for pointing that out...

No its not caulking :) the bottom edge of the roof is rough - mat glass finish with gel, I did do a quick sand but its not a polished surface therefor the gasket is needed... When I rebuilt these sides I replaced as per original but think back should-a could-a made the surface nicer :oops:

IMG_0693.jpeg

I am going to have to change the resolution on posted pics from here on in so ya can't zoom them, lol jk Thank you for pointing that out...

No its not caulking :) the bottom edge of the roof is rough - mat glass finish with gel, I did do a quick sand but its not a polished surface therefor the gasket is needed... When I rebuilt these sides I replaced as per original.

View attachment 56118
Got it. That makes sense. I'm sure it's going to look great.

Back