23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Got it. That makes sense. I'm sure it's going to look great.

Ya kinda scared me for a sec, thought I totally muffed up :rolleyes: set me into an anxious panic... maybe I got to do some sipping :eek: 1 1/2 beer and I am toast, imagine that a newfie that's not a border line alcoholic lol

Last edited:
My wife's friend's husband is podding a 24 DE that apparently has a command bridge on it from factory. I was trying to convince her to tell him to start a thread lol.

Tell her that her husband would be a celebrity and will have a fan club...

You could use that seam as an opportunity to warm up that interior with some sweet teak trim...

Now that's a great idea! :)

Wheres the head gonna go? Are you planning an enclosed head / shower in the cabin on the port side?

Hourston used a stainless trim for seams on my boat with alternating screws and rivets so it holds up well in the cockpit but they actually used some teak in the cuddy to trim it out. If I was a boat builder I'd be all over the teak option, mostly because it would hide a multitude of sins haha

Wheres the head gonna go? Are you planning an enclosed head / shower in the cabin on the port side?

Hourston used a stainless trim for seams on my boat with alternating screws and rivets so it holds up well in the cockpit but they actually used some teak in the cuddy to trim it out. If I was a boat builder I'd be all over the teak option, mostly because it would hide a multitude of sins haha

I haven't quite decided on the head but do agree that teak/trim of sorts is a great forgiveness idea :)
Ah yes, Houston must have had shares in a rivet company, I don't understand it...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Any of you guys priced teak lately? Go with cherry,way cheaper and looks great,interior only.You don't want any wood on exterior.
Nah you just go find an old half sunk boat at a marina and rip some off. There's plenty around.

Any of you guys priced teak lately? Go with cherry,way cheaper and looks great,interior only.You don't want any wood on exterior.

I agree with Rayvon about exterior wood - unless the boat will be stored indoors, or in my case, all the wood in the cockpit is covered by the storage canvas. Time on the water is hard enough to get, without subtracting sanding and varnishing time.

Aces, are those Mercs 6 cylinders? I'm guessing the 115's are 4 bangers and they would be revving their brains out to get that boat moving, command bridge and all that so having some torque back there will really pay dividends.

By the way that Hourston Sportfish has been for sale forever.
No they are 3.0 liter 4 cylinder motors

I agree with Rayvon about exterior wood - unless the boat will be stored indoors, or in my case, all the wood in the cockpit is covered by the storage canvas. Time on the water is hard enough to get, without subtracting sanding and varnishing time.

Nah you just go find an old half sunk boat at a marina and rip some off. There's plenty around.

Agree teak is crazy stupidly priced... @Rain City ya got a line on one of them there abandond boat :)

View attachment 56123
funds are tight Snyds. forget the head. just rock this. chicks dig it.

Its been a while since I had to worry about what chicks diged, forget how to jiggy with the diggy chicks, nor do I want to chicks are crazy these days, see they even like a "Luggable Loo's", go figure who would have thought?... haha

Last edited:
It's Taco time, haha UPS just dropped off, wahooo! :)

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

Last edited:
20200821_160325_resized.jpg 20200821_160334_resized.jpg

Some rivets and screws for ya...that's how the seam is trimmed out on ours. Teak or any sort of wood wouldn't do well on this boat since it is a soft top and exposed. The cuddy has some teak accents that may have come from RCs teak guy at the marina haha

View attachment 56156 View attachment 56157

Some rivets and screws for ya...that's how the seam is trimmed out on ours. Teak or any sort of wood wouldn't do well on this boat since it is a soft top and exposed. The cuddy has some teak accents that may have come from RCs teak guy at the marina haha

I’m sick of yanking rivets out of this boat, can’t says I’m in a hurry to use any on her... :)

Back