23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
O I almost forgot can someone help me out, I am install the V berth bulkheads and wondering if they are at right angle to the floor or are they on a bit of a slant to match the dash? Notice the bit of gappage in the pic between the dash and bulkhead, is that suppose to be there? I have them at a right angle to the deck in these pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0654.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 118
O I almost forgot can someone help me out, I am install the V berth bulkheads and wondering if they are at right angle to the floor or are they on a bit of a slant to match the dash? Notice the bit of gappage in the pic between the dash and bulkhead, is that suppose to be there? I have them at a right angle to the deck in these pictures...

Hi Rob, im sure mine are at a right angle to the floor. When i redid mine the passenger side had a small gap, but screwing the fiberglass to the bulkhead took care of it. I like the third pic as well. Its looking awesome.

Hi Rob, im sure mine are at a right angle to the floor. When i redid mine the passenger side had a small gap, but screwing the fiberglass to the bulkhead took care of it. I like the third pic as well. Its looking awesome.

I reinforced everything around the V berth entry way and will not flex that well :)

What's everyone think of this design behind the back window? I think I will make it at right angle to topside and roof instead of the angle that most have... humm o_O Honestly I don't know about putting a command bridge on, i hate to say it but man she looks sweet as is...:eek:

View attachment 55866View attachment 55877View attachment 55878View attachment 55880

My opinion on the back part of the cabin sidewall [not that it needs to be your opinion]:
- either go with parallel leading and trailing edges OR square it off [vertical] at the back - I saw that on a 23 the other day and it looked fine. Having the trailing edge follow the leading edge creates a surface in the cockpit for storing small items in the dry [I have a wooden pocket that stores knife, scale, etc] - also creates a little wind shelter under the roof and between the walls, although my dodger does most of that]
- non-parallel leading and trailing edges less attractive imo
- the porthole idea looks cool; a little bit old school [that one in Courtenay has that]

But most importantly - what awesome work, and what a great result so far!

My opinion on the back part of the cabin sidewall [not that it needs to be your opinion]:
- either go with parallel leading and trailing edges OR square it off [vertical] at the back - I saw that on a 23 the other day and it looked fine. Having the trailing edge follow the leading edge creates a surface in the cockpit for storing small items in the dry [I have a wooden pocket that stores knife, scale, etc] - also creates a little wind shelter under the roof and between the walls, although my dodger does most of that]
- non-parallel leading and trailing edges less attractive imo
- the porthole idea looks cool; a little bit old school [that one in Courtenay has that]

But most importantly - what awesome work, and what a great result so far!

Thank you for breaking this down for me, I do like the small space for storage and a bit of shelter with the extended panel version...

Was thinking about installing the ladder regardless if I go with the command bridge or not. I was thinking it might come in handy to hang wet towels and hang other stuff off and of course access to the roof and inflatable or kayaks, storage etc... Any wise thoughts...?

Was thinking about installing the ladder regardless if I go with the command bridge or not. I was thinking it might come in handy to hang wet towels and hang other stuff off and of course access to the roof and inflatable or kayaks, storage etc... Any wise thoughts...?
I like that idea, one vote here. Still think I might rip my bridge off one day and do the same :)
I vote #2 btw

Last edited:
No ladder. Small hand rails on the sides of the roof, for safety and lashing traps. You'll be able to reach to the mid line of the roof while standing on the cap beside the windows, and mold a tiny step into one side of the # 3 part of the aft cabin sides.

No ladder. Small hand rails on the sides of the roof, for safety and lashing traps. You'll be able to reach to the mid line of the roof while standing on the cap beside the windows, and mold a tiny step into one side of the # 3 part of the aft cabin sides.

that is a good idea but the ladder will serve as multi use, cloths dryer for the kids and access so kids can jump off the roof and sun tan, a ladder is safer

Hey, Can anyone walk me through a sliding cabin door that has had proven results?

I’m now thinking about the Alaskan/cabin bulkhead as my next task so reaching out for ideas and hardware used... any pictures would be great!

thx guys

Hey, Can anyone walk me through a sliding cabin door that has had proven results?

I’m now thinking about the Alaskan/cabin bulkhead as my next task so reaching out for ideas and hardware used... any pictures would be great!

thx guys
Get a glazer to build you the whole thing. All glass.

Back