23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
He's a little OCD I think lol!

... I only wish a little? no i'm allot! :) lol

Is it that obvious? All the hard work is finally paying off and coming together! Thank you Lord :D

Last edited:
What's everyone think of this design behind the back window? I think I will make it at right angle to topside and roof instead of the angle that most have... humm o_O Honestly I don't know about putting a command bridge on, i hate to say it but man she looks sweet as is...:eek:

IMG_0660.jpegIMG_0660 copy.jpgView attachment 55878IMG_0660 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
Just going through some old pictures & down memory lane, Here was the day I picked it up... LOL

IMG_8172.jpeg

What's everyone think of this design behind the back window? I think I will make it at right angle to topside and roof instead of the angle that most have... humm o_O Honestly I don't know about putting a command bridge on, i hate to say it but man she looks sweet as is...:eek:

View attachment 55866
Go with the command bridge. Every time I see a command bridge out fishing I think man that’s a sweet setup.

What did the wife say when you dragged that relic home?

For starters she thought I was going to kill myself as the Coquihalla was closed due to a snow storm both there and back as well as Roger's Pass so i had to stay at my in-laws overnight in Vernon... She said if I was that stupid I deserved it! West of Calgary traffic was going 20km/hr with over 1' of snow on the road. North of Calgary I was heading for the guardrail after hitting some black ice but my guardian angle was watching out for me :) 5 hours later @ a staging area East of Revelstoke waiting for the road to open... The semi accident was between Sicamous and Salmon Arm on my way to the Island.

IMG_8179.jpeg IMG_8180.jpegIMG_8166.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the lesson of this story is Rob don't ever be that stupid again!! :oops: I got home on Dec 21st, looking back and thinking of what could have been scares me more now than then :eek: I do allot of driving and many many road trips but this was one of the worst.

The worst land storm I experienced was when i was 14 years old and moving from NFLD to NS, I was with my dad in a 1ton flat deck loaded down with mile high furniture etc when we hit a bad snow storm just outside of Codroy Valley "Wreck House", the wind literally lifted the back tires off the road and that scared me... the winds there blows trains off the tracks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreckhouse,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

Is it just me or does that trailer look a little short? Once the engines are back there your going to have to adjust the trailer balance by moving the axles. Doesn’t look like there is much room to come back.

really nice boat can’t wait to see the first fish on the deck!

Is it just me or does that trailer look a little short? Once the engines are back there your going to have to adjust the trailer balance by moving the axles. Doesn’t look like there is much room to come back.

really nice boat can’t wait to see the first fish on the deck!

Ya might have to adjust or just go for a longer trailer, we'll see the loads once completed... but with the transom notched it wouldn't look too bad with not much engine overhang, muhahaha :p

Last edited:
I like the third pic the best. Looks very modern!

YA lots of glass already so don't really need port hole... that's going to be a doozie of a panel :)

How many swear words later are we now?!

I don't swear :) just get frustrated and say weird stuff like O poop! LOL

The votes have been casted & counted, looks like #3 pic is the winner by a land slide...

This weeks agenda is the painting of the command bridge @ChilliSpoons and side panels @Stizzla & @MadJigga as per attached picture

IMG_0660 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what wrenches are for, they fly nice across the shop and bounce off the walls.

Been there done that and got me nowheres... lol

Back