2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have current conditions at T10? Weather buoy is down :(
Pretty ugly. And the wind is forecast increased by 5 miles an hour so I packed it up and now in Vancouver Harbour trolling over to the Capilano. Huge swells, some gaps between them but tossing the boats around like corks. I was only running one rod, I had a hit right away and fought a seal for 20 minutes but while monitoring the weather channel, the increase in wind made me think about getting back.

.9 is deceiving. Doesn't sound that bad. I went out in a .8 three years ago. I thought I was going to die getting from Ambleside to mosquito creek.

Ya that sterch is dodgy af, all the lower straits are close to shore with so much irregular chop mixed in.

This was good info yesterdayand today. Thanks. I made the call to not go last night. Glad I did, but bummed out that evertime I have time to go....it's windy as heck! Haha. Oh well.

Thanks to all those offering advice and updates on here, got into a bigger boat this year and was well rewarded. Many super proud dad moments fishing just me and my boy- he managed 2 nice springs and learned about nuckle busters (18.5 was his biggest). Started good on light house 3.5spoon and then switch to chovies - Friday afternoon was excellent and boxed out on springs in <2 hrs. Tried sockeye sat am, couple small springs, couple Sox, got sealed and then decided to get out of the crowd. Found a school out deeper (90 down on rigger) and put 4 Sox in the box before it got too breezy.
Biggest spring was just over 40” - any guesses on weight (I had no scale)?

Attachments

• 5C92653A-66C0-4CB7-AA8C-DD081AB1BE32.jpeg
    5C92653A-66C0-4CB7-AA8C-DD081AB1BE32.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 259
  • B348804B-A7C6-4912-AF49-AF1C1C6728E8.jpeg
    B348804B-A7C6-4912-AF49-AF1C1C6728E8.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 250
  • B7007C78-D386-4DAF-AFD1-7673A25E6691.jpeg
    B7007C78-D386-4DAF-AFD1-7673A25E6691.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 229
  • D700F1A2-EA33-49BB-84E4-F349BC31DB8A.jpeg
    D700F1A2-EA33-49BB-84E4-F349BC31DB8A.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 247
Thanks to all those offering advice and updates on here, got into a bigger boat this year and was well rewarded. Many super proud dad moments fishing just me and my boy- he managed 2 nice springs and learned about nuckle busters (18.5 was his biggest). Started good on light house 3.5spoon and then switch to chovies - Friday afternoon was excellent and boxed out on springs in <2 hrs. Tried sockeye sat am, couple small springs, couple Sox, got sealed and then decided to get out of the crowd. Found a school out deeper (90 down on rigger) and put 4 Sox in the box before it got too breezy.
What a beauty. 28lb is my guess.

Wow

Bucket pic is hilarious

That's a pig. Nice work

Pretty ugly. And the wind is forecast increased by 5 miles an hour so I packed it up and now in Vancouver Harbour trolling over to the Capilano. Huge swells, some gaps between them but tossing the boats around like corks. I was only running one rod, I had a hit right away and fought a seal for 20 minutes but while monitoring the weather channel, the increase in wind made me think about getting back.
So who won the fight? You or the seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back