2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone here is fishing in front of the Capilano and drifting into the shipping lanes, if you happen to be monitoring channel 16, the Coast Guard has a message for you. Many will drift into the shipping lane while trolling if there is no traffic, but I think a big shipping container just came through and the boats do not get out of the shipping lane. This might be inviting closures or further restrictions for all of us in the future if we are not careful.
yep thats true

Thanks to all those offering advice and updates on here, got into a bigger boat this year and was well rewarded. Many super proud dad moments fishing just me and my boy- he managed 2 nice springs and learned about nuckle busters (18.5 was his biggest). Started good on light house 3.5spoon and then switch to chovies - Friday afternoon was excellent and boxed out on springs in <2 hrs. Tried sockeye sat am, couple small springs, couple Sox, got sealed and then decided to get out of the crowd. Found a school out deeper (90 down on rigger) and put 4 Sox in the box before it got too breezy.
Biggest spring was just over 40” - any guesses on weight (I had no scale)?

Attachments

• FE06BA80-476A-4B3B-810E-77FD29F1997B.png
    FE06BA80-476A-4B3B-810E-77FD29F1997B.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 91
I did find that chart previously, seemed a little in the light side though could be wishful thinking. I would think a football ready to go up river would be a little heavier

Anyone going out tomorrow? There’s still the wind warning but the forecast on Windy looks like it’s going to lay down a bit in the morning.

Condition update at SH this morning would be greatly appreciated. Planning to leave harbour at 7:30. Me and the boat can take it but my buddy and his daughter have never been fishing before.

Thanks

Condition update at SH this morning would be greatly appreciated. Planning to leave harbour at 7:30. Me and the boat can take it but my buddy and his daughter have never been fishing before.

Thanks
I'll be leaving from Point Roberts in a half hour. I'll see if I can let you know before 730.

just wondering what the closures are currently, Is SH open?
29-6,7,9 and 10 closed for sockeye retention as of sept 18 or any salmon species. 29-1 to 5 is open to sockeye, chinook, hatchery coho etc. But don’t go by my words, read up on the regs before you head out to be 100%. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back