2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. Just plotting to get out tomorrow. The weather forecast is not hot, especially for my small boat. How are the conditions RIGHT NOW?...just trying to compare what I am seeing on line with some real-time observations. I am thinking Fraser mouth or fishing by the Capilano. Looking on-line, my guess it is getting lumpy out there. Please and thank you ahead of time for any info!
Cheers, Trevor
Became pretty rough around noon. NW wind with a decent speed is always going to roll some big waves in.

Got to W.Van Cap area just before 10 this morning. Lines dow 5 minutes and 8lb red boated. Next pass 10lb white. After couple more passes got a 3rd - long-line release. All on 3" Glow Herring Aid spoon behinde a chartreuse flasher. Out deeper away from the fleet. counters @ 75 & 95. Wind and angled waves at noon made it too difficult to troll. Rough ride back to MillTown by 1:30.

Different story for me at the Cap, fished 9am-2pm just one small wild coho released, otherwise quite dead, went home with an empty box. Fished in the pack and out, only saw a couple nets the whole time (must have been Morty). The guys at the Cap pack make guys at sand heads look like champs… what a sh** show that was at times.

Different story for me at the Cap, fished 9am-2pm just one small wild coho released, otherwise quite dead, went home with an empty box. Fished in the pack and out, only saw a couple nets the whole time (must have been Morty). The guys at the Cap pack make guys at sand heads look like champs… what a sh** show that was at times.
I like when guys put their ego aside and aren’t afraid to post when they come home empty or when they loose gear. Makes us all feel normal. Keep the reports coming. Good or bad. We all learn from them.

Fished 830 to 1230 at SH. 4 springs and a ho. 3 of the springs hit sock gear. After 3 hours just switched to bait. Seemed slow for socks. One of the springs was a 27. I haven't seen a hit like that in a while. We were heading in towards the green can. Saw the rod pop and just fold over. Thing didn't stop running for what seemed like ever. I'm guessing it was swimming with the river flow. Pretty cool. Pulled the boat. Gonna do some maintenance and think about winter fishing. Been a September to remember.

Got out this afternoon. It was to rough. We intended on making it to sandheads from Point Roberts. We got to Delta port. Dropped lines in for sockeye. released a bunch of coho. Then decided to head back to American waters where you can keep a coho. Got a really nice one. Took it home and gave it to my neighbor. Fun night with the ol'man getting into some beer and some unexpected decent coho.

Attachments

• 20220917_181702.jpg
    20220917_181702.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 153
Got out this afternoon. It was to rough. We intended on making it to sandheads from Point Roberts. We got to Delta port. Dropped lines in for sockeye. released a bunch of coho. Then decided to head back to American waters where you can keep a coho. Got a really nice one. Took it home and gave it to my neighbor. Fun night with the ol'man getting into some beer and some unexpected decent coho.
What was the ratio of hatchery to wild coho down there?

ISO fishing partner. Leaving the dock from thunderbird to head for the cap at 8am. DM If you want to join and catch some fish (and split my gas costs)
Damn I wish I woke up earlier I would have joined yah. Not a fan of solo fishing either and most of my buddies didn’t want to head out today . How’s the water conditions out there ?

If anyone here is fishing in front of the Capilano and drifting into the shipping lanes, if you happen to be monitoring channel 16, the Coast Guard has a message for you. Many will drift into the shipping lane while trolling if there is no traffic, but I think a big shipping container just came through and the boats do not get out of the shipping lane. This might be inviting closures or further restrictions for all of us in the future if we are not careful.

ISO tickets to the DNV derby this Friday. Let me know if you have a spare, or 4 spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back