2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sorry I was busy watching you use a net the wrong way in your video.
Haha I knew someone would say that. Can't get the net under the canopy if you lift straight up. I actually do lift straight up at first and then crane it over the rail. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about.

And yes the canopy is annoying as hell to deal with but I've gotten used to it now. Sort of. Sure is nice when you have to duck out of the rain or sun

Last edited:
Did anybody go out today. Went out cough 9 had to release all of them, 3 were just under size. Thinking about going out again on Saturday.
Heading out Saturday. Where did you go?
I’m talking my brother in law who is from out of town and would love to show him some action. Turnstal ?

Did anybody go out today. Went out cough 9 had to release all of them, 3 were just under size. Thinking about going out again on Saturday.
I took some family out yesterday, Thu, Nov 11, to see the Remembrance Day flyover in the harbour. As we watched the planes we trolled two lines in the freighters and had some good action.

The first fish was the best – strong pull, spinning out the drag – until a seal took it. Probably in the 8-10 lbs range. The next one was smaller and we landed it and gaff released it. Then we got a shaker and a flounder that kept the kids happy. All in about 45 minutes from 11-11:45 am with high tide at around 11 am.

Action was mostly right on the bottom in ~120' of water. Good luck!

Back