2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I'm at the cabin near roberts creek and it's flaaaat calm on the straits, who's out there making me envious this morning while I gotta clean up all this damn tree debris???

Started at 8:30,HITW. Not marking a lot of bait. I guess the early US-bound tyees have already departed After Nov 8.
only one shaker around 10:30 on a kitchen sink spoon, green onion flasher. @sweettjim the shaker was caught in 220’ on the rigger.
Sometimes it is better to start with the kitchen sink rather than throwing everything else at them first.

20211114_122811_01.jpgWe fished the mile markers today. Got out by 900am. Around 10 we got one 55cm. Followed up by being stocked by a seal. He stole two from me. But our new technique is driving right at the seal once he gets the fish. This provides enough slack that you don't lose the spoon. Worked twice. We then landed a keeper, 72cm on an ap spoon with a black flasher. Off the bottom. Shortly after that I lost a ball to a ghost trap. But when I pulled up the second side a trap came with it. So I got a free trap. No float, just an empty trap with a rope. Looks like it's been down for a couple weeks. We finished off with a bunch of action, including a double header but nothing significant. Great day.

View attachment 72324We fished the mile markers today. Got out by 900am. Around 10 we got one 55cm. Followed up by being stocked by a seal. He stole two from me. But our new technique is driving right at the seal once he gets the fish. This provides enough slack that you don't lose the spoon. Worked twice. We then landed a keeper, 72cm on an ap spoon with a black flasher. Off the bottom. Shortly after that I lost a ball to a ghost trap. But when I pulled up the second side a trap came with it. So I got a free trap. No float, just an empty trap with a rope. Looks like it's been down for a couple weeks. We finished off with a bunch of action, including a double header but nothing significant. Great day.
Wow I lost a couple cannon balls due to those ghost traps last year off the mile markers glad u got a free trap take a pic of the trap when u get a chance like to see what it looks like

Back