2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Ambleside today. Got there fifteen minutes early. Too dark to fish. Nothing at all until 430pm I switched to a spoon and picked up a decent coho. Then got a big spring stolen by a seal right by the green light. Packed up at 600pm. My guess is tomorrow will be better. I'm going to try and sneak out on Sunday afternoon.

Fished Ambleside today. Got there fifteen minutes early. Too dark to fish. Nothing at all until 430pm I switched to a spoon and picked up a decent coho. Then got a big spring stolen by a seal right by the green light. Packed up at 600pm. My guess is tomorrow will be better. I'm going to try and sneak out on Sunday afternoon.
The coho was filled with prawns. Which I'm not sure if I've ever seen that

Late report. Fished the cap yesterday between work for couple of hours in the morning and couple of hours late in the day. Didn’t touch or see anything. Should be better today for those going out.

Tried my luck at the Bell to NA yesterday and managed to bring in a 6" monster, not much bigger than the anchovy that I was using as bait. Was not a match for my fishing skills. Didn't need a net nor gaff and did manage to safely return it to the sea. I do believe that his misadventure may have taken a few pounds off his life so may only return to hole in the wall in about 3 years just shy of a Tyee.

I also returned a wild coho that smacked a slightly bigger anchovy.

Will be out in a few hours to see if I can get a 24.5" or better.

Last edited:
@ SH.. just landed a huge hatchery Coho (no scale on boat). Took us ~10mins to reel in. Rigger at 80ft on 350 water Small herring. One big shaker And 2 undersized chinooks that were safely released back. Got here at 11.
Awesome take a pic of
The coho

Will report. High hopes but low expectations if we are stuck in west van. I have never been skunked more often than when I fish the cap/west van. We will be rolling bait low and chum setup up top
Wind looks fine tomorrow. Full send.

Back