2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Ide go but my throttle cable is busted. dont want to risk pulling it right off the outboard. i have to drop the lower cowl today for the 100th time. cap was bust yesterdady we tried everything all day. all depths.

The throttle came out of the retainer the lock clip undid itself sob. Maybe I'll go for the night bite tonight

cap the time is this week. rain is in the forecast next weekend. lost a spring oct 11 last year sunset ambleside. got there in the fog cleared up then home in deep fog. caught a 9 lbs wild coho in the middle of the oil tanks on the way there. spring hit near the green light house at the mouth.

SH this morning super nasty. Avoid unless you’re certain is calm. Big swells. Only one other boat. We left almost as soon as we got there.
A quick check of the weather report would have saved you the trouble. You can fish the cap at high tide on your way back to mosquito creek. Good luck.

I just ran down from the cabin and can attest its sport in the straits. Saw only few boats off the cap, come on you guys get out there! Saw guys with nets yesterday there as I buzzed by, and my buddy bonked a nice red 12lb spring yesterday at 1045 am, 80' on a chovy, then they lost a screamer at the boat. It's not over quiet yet!

I just ran down from the cabin and can attest its sport in the straits. Saw only few boats off the cap, come on you guys get out there! Saw guys with nets yesterday there as I buzzed by, and my buddy bonked a nice red 12lb spring yesterday at 1045 am, 80' on a chovy, then they lost a screamer at the boat. It's not over quiet yet!
awesome how deepof water was your buddy fishing

Fished inside point Atkinson today for a few hours, hooked into a keeper on the bottom rod that somehow managed to also tangle itself on the top rod. Luckily it was hooked well and my buddy and I shared the fish a we each had a hand at landing it. Amazing how much of a fight it is to bring in a flasher backwards haha. On bottom with anchovy.

Fished inside point Atkinson today for a few hours, hooked into a keeper on the bottom rod that somehow managed to also tangle itself on the top rod. Luckily it was hooked well and my buddy and I shared the fish a we each had a hand at landing it. Amazing how much of a fight it is to bring in a flasher backwards haha. On bottom with anchovy.
Was it a tyee? ;)

Back