2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Buddy landed a chinook same area off cap yesterday an hour after the tide around 5pm. Net job went perfectly. 500 feet off shipping buoy towards fisheries. Same area I lost the 20. Have a broken arm. I since bought a gaff

Notice the double hook. I can't stress the importance of a stinger hook. 4/0 gammy. I fileted them freeze for 90 days. Then you have sashimi take one out for breakfest doesn't have a strong fishy taste. Good for you and you can't over eat fish so good for body building or fitness to have a good breakfest.

CdlKt4q.jpeg

jKZb6ZD.jpeg

nwXJIDU.jpeg

Hr8wwFH.jpeg

p4aVAVB.jpeg
The parasites/worms will turn white when they are frozen and are easy to pick them out with tweezers. They will become transparent again when thawed. No harm ingesting them after they have been properly frozen long enough. Can't wait til sockeye season.

The parasites/worms will turn white when they are frozen and are easy to pick them out with tweezers. They will become transparent again when thawed. No harm ingesting them after they have been properly frozen long enough. Can't wait til sockeye season.
I am going to run a minor commercial operation this coming sockeye season. Got some interesting advice from a fellow member gone quiet. Let's just say it includes something back there...
20210928_094305.jpg

Bamboo sockeye rods?
I was 4/14 trying to net solo in Alberni one day this year.
I remember the post regarding ruining your kid's fun by stealing her toys for use on the boat.

Bamboo sockeye rods?
I was 4/14 trying to net solo in Alberni one day this year.
I remember the post regarding ruining your kid's fun by stealing her toys for use on the boat.
You only lose them if you stop yanking them straight in. Another hint there.

A sockeye opening in August 2022. I’d only steal my kid’s toys when I see the notice. Just sayin’ :p;)
Ya no fishing in front of Fraser in August. Be interesting to see how that pans out. Sockeye run pass by in chuck picked off in gill nets.

I’m going to plan my next summer around this year’s closures and not gamble on things that may or may not happen. Enough spending time and $$ on sh&t that I won’t be able to use. :mad:

Those of you wanting to get around the restrictions head to thrasher march 26 27 28th. Closes April 1st. Have a good shot at a tyee. Lures work over there I've hooked some good fighters that snapped the line on white hootchie. 100-180' fishing depth in up to 600' of water

Back