2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Last two seasons it was open until April 1st. I caught a 20lbs chinook July 6th on green silver 3.5 coyote spoon and purple onion flasher at 180'. released it right away. Won't post the picture so it's not clear if you're allowed to catch and release. I assume you can.

Last edited:
I've messaged DFO in regards to cross hatched "No fishing for Chinook"and their response was catch and release is legal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-190013_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-190013_Twitter.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20210928-190045_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-190045_Twitter.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
ahah you will i remember i was new to fishing and fished the cap with herring on a 32" leader. caught a few coho in august and a big spring. it fought non stop and busted off a flasher i used with no swivel there was a barb on the eye i tied to from the braze. noob mistake. best is 6 or 7' leaders. use 7' for anchovy since they roll faster. longer leader less roll. critical for chinook. 3.5 - 4 kph.

ahah you will i remember i was new to fishing and fished the cap with herring on a 32" leader. caught a few coho in august and a big spring. it fought non stop and busted off a flasher i used with no swivel there was a barb on the eye i tied to from the braze. noob mistake. best is 6 or 7' leaders. use 7' for anchovy since they roll faster. longer leader less roll. critical for chinook. 3.5 - 4 kph.
7' leader, got it.

For next year can we all agree to fish the cap mouth counter clockwise to help avoid cutting everyone off and causing great anger and carnage. We all know who the usual culprits are out there. RIGHT? You know who you are. We also need to advise people to stop going into the no fishing zone as this is going to result in that entire area being closed to fishing. A few more close calls with freighters and they will have the video evidence that they need.

For next year can we all agree to fish the cap mouth counter clockwise to help avoid cutting everyone off and causing great anger and carnage. We all know who the usual culprits are out there. RIGHT? You know who you are. We also need to advise people to stop going into the no fishing zone as this is going to result in that entire area being closed to fishing. A few more close calls with freighters and they will have the video evidence that they need.
ya i agree seems a lot of boats are fishing in 50' of water. thats fine i do that at gower and ive caught one spring there before doing that. riggers at 30' troll faster 6kph or 7kph for coho. for springs at cap you want to be in 100'. that is vert close if not in the shipping lane. stay 100' off pink apartments is where the action is for springs. I bet bon chovy caught their tyee with anchovy as all the springs ive seen hooked were off chovy not herring.

Impossible with 60 boats all fishing different contours and at different speeds.

Hey guys. Going out tomorrow afternoon. From 11:30-5. Departing from Mosquito Creek.
Should I stay local at Cap Or head down to SH? Thoughts?
I see mixed reports on both locations. Taking a couple guys that have never fished. Want to make sure we get some action. Would be fun for them Cheers

Hey guys. Going out tomorrow afternoon. From 11:30-5. Departing from Mosquito Creek.
Should I stay local at Cap Or head down to SH? Thoughts?
I see mixed reports on both locations. Taking a couple guys that have never fished. Want to make sure we get some action. Would be fun for them Cheers
Winds may limit where you can go, be sure to check the forecast before you head out. My suggestion would be to stick to the harbour if you are coming from mosquito creek. If you are with people that don't fish you may want to stay away from the cap mouth area unless you are confident navigating in that current.

Make passes at cap mouth by the green lighthouse fish can be had 1 to 2 hours after tide change. 70' set the riggers. Anchovy or herring good chance at getting something. If you can reschedule for Friday less rain wind.

Make passes at cap mouth by the green lighthouse fish can be had 1 to 2 hours after tide change. 70' set the riggers. Anchovy or herring good chance at getting something. If you can reschedule for Friday less rain wind.
Thanks. Yes. cap will be

Back