2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Make passes at cap mouth by the green lighthouse fish can be had 1 to 2 hours after tide change. 70' set the riggers. Anchovy or herring good chance at getting something. If you can reschedule for Friday less rain wind.
I’m also heading over this weekend. Different folks. LOL!!
Winds may limit where you can go, be sure to check the forecast before you head out. My suggestion would be to stick to the harbour if you are coming from mosquito creek. If you are with people that don't fish you may want to stay away from the cap mouth area unless you are confident navigating in that current.
Two experience boaters. I am just the only one that fishes. Will stay in Cap

good shot of a tyee at hole in the wall in the first week of april as well too bad it closes
Although I admire your positive attitude. I don't think it's a good shot, I think it's almost impossible. 1 in 50000 kind of odds. The tyee time is now, and it's still extremely rare. I've heard about three or four vancouver tyees this year. However I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

I'm going out tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. I will be deep, shallow and sideways after the goat sacrifice to break the epic losing streak this boat has dropped upon me. See ya all out there!
Don't forget the 9 iron and a brandy glass full of brown m&m's.

I'll be fishing the Cap tomorrow solo. Always been fishing with at least one person in the boat besides me. Would be interesting to see IF I catch one of those big spring, I could actually land it by myself.

I'll be fishing the Cap tomorrow solo. Always been fishing with at least one person in the boat besides me. Would be interesting to see IF I catch one of those big spring, I could actually land it by myself.
you either gaff it or tire it out and grab it with your hand by the gills is the safest way. A large net may work but you have to be going against the current for the net to pouch and i guarantee youll be goin with the current as you veer off fighting the thing. Nets are unforgiving your hook comes out almost right away and you have a very short window to snap the fish up.

Back