2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Great 4 hour trip to Roger Curtis today, 10 to the boat biggest around 17lbs, 8 out of 10 were keepers, 6 out of 10 were hatch including the 17lber, all on 3” spoons, never changed gear, 50’ and 60’ on the riggers.
Such a shame....
So frustrating eh? What depth of water?

Great 4 hour trip to Roger Curtis today, 10 to the boat biggest around 17lbs, 8 out of 10 were keepers, 6 out of 10 were hatch including the 17lber, all on 3” spoons, never changed gear, 50’ and 60’ on the riggers.
Such a shame....
nice meeting you at the launch is a shame we have to throw back hatchery fish

Today I woke up at 400 am. Got ready to go fishing solo. It was impromptu, so I woke the wife and told her. She said if I wait until a reasonable time she'll come and sort out the electronics for me. I figured it was worth it. We got to the boat at 1000am. Screwed around with the electronics a bit. She got it working halfway. Then I discovered the downriggers were left on last time, no counters, no spare battery. No depth since I'm waiting on a cable for the new transducer. I decided it was calm enough to head to Thrasher. By the time we got to the hump the wife was sick. Because she was reading about the transducer the whole time. Normally doesn't get sea sick. She told me to try the hump for a bit. The water at the hump looked like chocolate milk. I assumed it was pointless, but I tried for an hour. While I was screwing around with the electronics I missed a hit. Typically I have everything in perfect order. Today I felt like a deadbeat, wife wasn't feeling any better, so we took off. I'll have a make up day one weekday this week.

On the way to Thrasher last Sunday from Vancouver, I noticed the commercial guys were putting their prawn trap in the middle of strait in 750 FT deep area. never seen it before prawning that deep, does anybody put traps that deep?

On the way to Thrasher last Sunday from Vancouver, I noticed the commercial guys were putting their prawn trap in the middle of strait in 750 FT deep area. never seen it before prawning that deep, does anybody put traps that deep?
How many guys have that amount of line/rope.? o_O

1 under 52 cm HITW so headed to defence. 3 more but mid 40's cm and nada trolling along the bluffs next to highway on our way back.

1 under 52 cm HITW so headed to defence. 3 more but mid 40's cm and nada trolling along the bluffs next to highway on our way back.
What are you using today? Because of you I switched from 3.5 spoons to needle spoons and coho killers. Caught way more after the switch. So I appreciate your thoughts on spoons. I'll be out tomorrow

What are you using today? Because of you I switched from 3.5 spoons to needle spoons and coho killers. Caught way more after the switch. So I appreciate your thoughts on spoons. I'll be out tomorrow
Happy to share and nice to hear when it works for others as well. Bait was getting bigger so coho killers working very well. 100- 115 on the rigger is bringing in most fish and bigger fish! After reading a post where fish were getting caught 40-50 gave it a shot but nada. 100 is the ticket for me right now. Good luck and tight lines

Today we started at RC. Lots of boats, we got a couple Chinook but fairly insignificant size. Approx mid 50s cm. Tons of weeds in the water. At 100 pm we moved over to grace. At grace we got a ton of action, got three decent fish. Two hatchery at Approx 65 and one big wild at about 75. The brighter flashers worked better and the big guy was caught on a splatter back green hoochie. The rest were caught on sand lance spoon. Great day.

Back