2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Friggen joke...zero pressure recreationally without people having the ability to travel from other health authorities and provinces and even the states. DFO has no concept.
What happens after July 11th? Back to 2 a day?

The recreational daily limits for Chinook salmon are reduced in North Coast tidal waters as follows:

Areas 1, 2, 142, and that portion of Area 101 west of 131 degrees 40.0 minutes West longitude:
Effective June 1, 2021 to July 10, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective July 11, 2021 to March 31, 2022 - two (2) Chinook per day

Areas 3 to 5, 103 to 105, Subarea 102-1, and that portion of Area 101 east of 131 degrees 40.0 minutes West longitude:
Effective June 1, 2021 to June 18, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective June 19, 2021 to July 11, 2021 - zero (0) Chinook per day
Effective July 12, 2021 to July 31, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective August 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 - two (2) Chinook per day

Any recent updates? Heading up Early July - any old Rupert salts want to help school me on weather/winds/currents to be wary of? Looking to fish Edye/Congreve areas out of a 542 Campion.

Any recent updates? Heading up Early July - any old Rupert salts want to help school me on weather/winds/currents to be wary of? Looking to fish Edye/Congreve areas out of a 542 Campion.
I will be out on the 25th I'll let you know. Although because of federal idiots ill be looking more on the outside looking for coho.

The recreational daily limits for Chinook salmon are reduced in North Coast tidal waters as follows:

Areas 1, 2, 142, and that portion of Area 101 west of 131 degrees 40.0 minutes West longitude:
Effective June 1, 2021 to July 10, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective July 11, 2021 to March 31, 2022 - two (2) Chinook per day

Areas 3 to 5, 103 to 105, Subarea 102-1, and that portion of Area 101 east of 131 degrees 40.0 minutes West longitude:
Effective June 1, 2021 to June 18, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective June 19, 2021 to July 11, 2021 - zero (0) Chinook per day
Effective July 12, 2021 to July 31, 2021 - one (1) Chinook per day
Effective August 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 - two (2) Chinook per day
It looks like a left turn in Terrace might be in order for early July.
I was looking forward to Port Ed with my new (to me) boat, but...

Looks like Area 6 is still good.

I got a report that the Coho have started to show up in numbers the last couple of days. Fingers crossed they keep coming.

I leave for Rupert Tomorrow afternoon & plan on launching the boat on Thursday. I will be out fishing from the 24th to the 2nd. I will send reports when i have time. I look forward to meeting up with a couple of the other members who will be out at the same time.

I am taking the time this trip to do some deep dropping. Hope to put a few Sable fish on the boat.

I'll be out July-24th to Aug-1st hope to see you out there for a beer and share fishing reports.

My boat is a Hewescraft named "Rippin Lips". I am moored at the Prince Rupert Yacht club.

My boat is a Hewescraft named "Rippin Lips". I am moored at the Prince Rupert Yacht club.
Good morning. Talked to you last night at the dock. You mentioned you are trying Dundas for Coho. Please let me know if any show up. I’ll let you know where we end up and if there any around . In a 3025 KingFisher “Hard Ten”. Is we end up same spot.

Good morning. Talked to you last night at the dock. You mentioned you are trying Dundas for Coho. Please let me know if any show up. I’ll let you know where we end up and if there any around . In a 3025 KingFisher “Hard Ten”. Is we end up same spot.
Hey boys I am out here as well.. 24 Wellcradft "off the charts"... Simpson rock was good for coho yesterday and limited out.. tons of bait and fish at Avery today.. like a lake out here. Give a honk if you see me.. good luck at Dundas!!

Super stoked to be back for a week or two mid July. Any suggestions to ship fish home, as we will be headed to Shuswaps after and don't plan to go home first. I know Greyhound was good in the past but obviously thats no longer an option.

Super stoked to be back for a week or two mid July. Any suggestions to ship fish home, as we will be headed to Shuswaps after and don't plan to go home first. I know Greyhound was good in the past but obviously thats no longer an option.
Ill be out July-23 to Aug-3

Fished Eddy pass. Released 8 chinook biggest was 15 lbs. a few pink. And. Kept 3 Coho. All around 8 to 10 pounds. Than blew up so left early. Previous day. Simpson rock again releasing chinook biggest 25lbs. Be back 3rd week July. Crabbing is really good this year lots of big ones. Halibut is very strong as well

Back