2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Post your 2021 fishing reports here!
I have 3 trips planned for 2021. Mid June, Mid July and First week of August. I know it depends on year but can some people give me some recommendations for historical hot spot during past trips and areas for rockfish and halibut.

I have 3 trips planned for 2021. Mid June, Mid July and First week of August. I know it depends on year but can some people give me some recommendations for historical hot spot during past trips and areas for rockfish and halibut.
try the north end of Dundas Island. Kelp point is always good as is Arneson Point for Salmon.
try along the East side of Dundas for Halibut near the North end.

I have 3 trips planned as well. 2 weeks in June and another in July. Its a new area to me as well so you'll probably see me fumbling my way around as well. Going to stay few nights at Victory Cove in the work channel and then throw the pick and sleep out near Dundas for another 5 days. I will be working my around there in June trying to find some springs, lings and hali. Send me a PM if you are out that way at the end of June and can buddy boat up and help each other out if you want.

I have 3 trips planned as well. 2 weeks in June and another in July. Its a new area to me as well so you'll probably see me fumbling my way around as well. Going to stay few nights at Victory Cove in the work channel and then throw the pick and sleep out near Dundas for another 5 days. I will be working my around there in June trying to find some springs, lings and hali. Send me a PM if you are out that way at the end of June and can buddy boat up and help each other out if you want.
prime time for big Springs at Dundas is the last week of June, first week of July. The only down side is that some years the black flies are unbearable!

Last time I fished the northeast side of Dundas for Halibut we were anchored up and just dropping whole herring down on a spreader bar.
Many times it wouldn't make it to the bottom because a pesky Coho grabbed it!

man that sounds like a blast. how are you preserving your catch that entire time?

man that sounds like a blast. how are you preserving your catch that entire time?
I keep salt ice in the cooler. I fillet and vacuum seal with an inverter on the boat to run the sealer. Keep plug on the cooler open. Once back on land complete ice replenishment. 5 days no problem

Is it wrong to watch this and have goosebumps and have your eyes well up? Amazing video thanks for sharing!! Is it May yet?
I have been to Haa Nee Naa several times. Jason is such a great guy to fish with. I have great memories cut plugging at the "licence plate" with him! we usually stay in touch throughout the year.

Clay has a very good set up and in the heart of fishing , there are so many good spots to get out of the crowds. I remember making the crossing lucky if there were 2 boats up there

Clay has a very good set up and in the heart of fishing , there are so many good spots to get out of the crowds. I remember making the crossing lucky if there were 2 boats up there
one of the best spots is "the wall"
1-2 minutes from the lodge

I have great memories of waking up at 4am to the sound of Patsy Cline singing.
Have a quick coffee and light breakfast then off to Herring rocks to jig up a day's worth of "liveys" for cut plugging

I have great memories of waking up at 4am to the sound of Patsy Cline singing.
Have a quick coffee and light breakfast then off to Herring rocks to jig up a day's worth of "liveys" for cut plugging
Where are these herring rocks you speak of? Really excited for my adventures to Dundas this year. New adventures create new memories.

Where are these herring rocks you speak of? Really excited for my adventures to Dundas this year. New adventures create new memories.
A good spot to jig them is a few hundred yards straight north of arniston point. There is a kelp patch and deep water on the west and east side that hold bait. It's also a good trolling location watch one of the big coast episodes they catch some nice springs there.

A good spot to jig them is a few hundred yards straight north of arniston point. There is a kelp patch and deep water on the west and east side that hold bait. It's also a good trolling location watch one of the big coast episodes they catch some nice springs there.
also North of Kelp Point

I am looking at spending 5 days out of a 10 day trip staying in Rupert. Can anyone advise on if I was to stay at a motel and go every morning from there, where I can store fish? any freezer facilities or motels/hotels that offer freezers for fisherman? Thanks in advance?

I am looking at spending 5 days out of a 10 day trip staying in Rupert. Can anyone advise on if I was to stay at a motel and go every morning from there, where I can store fish? any freezer facilities or motels/hotels that offer freezers for fisherman? Thanks in advance?
There are some fish plants in Port Edward that might. Aero Trading shipped frozen fish for me before. That’s my was 10+ years ago now though.

Back