2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

I am looking at spending 5 days out of a 10 day trip staying in Rupert. Can anyone advise on if I was to stay at a motel and go every morning from there, where I can store fish? any freezer facilities or motels/hotels that offer freezers for fisherman? Thanks in advance?
Dolly's Fish market will process, freeze and store your fish. It'll cost you, but they do a good job.

Dolly's Fish market will process, freeze and store your fish. It'll cost you, but they do a good job.

I thought there pricing was fair. They also allow you to dress your fish ahead of time which saves money. Same with halibut. You can bring your filleted halibut in and they will process it.

Lastly your supporting local businesses.

Awesome food at breakers pub.

I thought there pricing was fair. They also allow you to dress your fish ahead of time which saves money. Same with halibut. You can bring your filleted halibut in and they will process it.

Lastly your supporting local businesses.

Awesome food at breakers pub.
Thanks for this. All I need is a freezer I fillet and vaccum seal myself but just need a freezer because I'll be there for 11 days I'm total. Thanks for the info

Hey I’m headed to Rupert towards the end of May. Will be launching out of Port Edward in an 18 foot boat. I’ve fished Rupert a few times but always in a bigger boat and in the summer normally went north up to Dundas or Work channel.
Anyways, any tips for earlier in the year? Never tried in May and never taken my own boat before so will fish closer to town. I am guessing for salmon the usual spoons or teaser heads at the usual depths will work? Or is there a big difference in how one fishes earlier in the year?

that time of the year , launching out of Port ED , places like chismore, humpback bay, edye pass, will all hold fish.
only ever used cut plug there

Last edited:
Thanx, I had never heard of chismore so I looked it up. Gives me another place to try, having options is nice.

tsum tsadai inlet on smith island mouth of inverness pass of the Skeena but thats more of a locals mooching spot

it is good for crab . back when runs of Eulachon would be entering the skeena we would get those early Kalum fish, it was unbelievable

Can anyone tell me where squatree (sp) area is? Trying to find it on my charts but can't. Thanks

I have a heard rumors that the Chinook might be shut down for June because of the Skeena river numbers but the 2021 regulations should no change. Anyone hear anything yet about the Chinook limits changing?

I have a heard rumors that the Chinook might be shut down for June because of the Skeena river numbers but the 2021 regulations should no change. Anyone hear anything yet about the Chinook limits changing?

I would expect chinook to be shut down in June. Hopefully 1 per day until then.

Can anyone share some good end of May fishing spots? Looking top of Steven's and Avery etc but where else is good that time of year? Anyone fish Lucy Island any more? Just looking for common spots not your secret honey holes. Thanks

Can anyone share some good end of May fishing spots? Looking top of Steven's and Avery etc but where else is good that time of year? Anyone fish Lucy Island any more? Just looking for common spots not your secret honey holes. Thanks
Top end of Dundas is always good north east side The balls up past Holiday island. Work channel should be good. Beaver and Simpson rocks triple island great destinations for springs.

Back