2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

How did you do and where did you go?
Pretty decent trip. Weather was great and seas were great. Fished Avery - Lucy - Simpson Rock for springs. Hooked into a good 15 fish. Biggest was 20lbs with lots around 10-12 lbs. All on bait. Hali fishing was great and so was lings. Biggest Hali was 130cms. Thanks Bryce for all the advice!!

Attachments

• 20210521_144008_resized.jpg
    20210521_144008_resized.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20210523_123419_resized.jpg
    20210523_123419_resized.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 20210521_124115_resized.jpg
    20210521_124115_resized.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 202
Pretty decent trip. Weather was great and seas were great. Fished Avery - Lucy - Simpson Rock for springs. Hooked into a good 15 fish. Biggest was 20lbs with lots around 10-12 lbs. All on bait. Hali fishing was great and so was lings. Biggest Hali was 130cms. Thanks Bryce for all the advice!!
Awesome. Hali are definitely nice. Chinook in 50-80 feet?

Fished last Saturday and Sunday. Weather was great and fishing as well. Halibut were plentiful , getting our limit in about an hour.
Chinook fishing was good catching about a dozen between the 2 days between 6 to 20 pounds. We fished exclusively at avery. Fished about 4 hours each day.
It seemed more boats were out than the usual may long crowd. People are just wanting to get out and about I would guess.

Fished Rupert May 27 to June 1.
Worst trip ever. Gale winds and rain that wouldn’t stop.
Run across a commie at Arniston, native operator had a freak out on us then threatened to rip DR’s and rods off the boat with his gear.
A whole new disrespect for commies!! Guess I shouldn’t paint them all with the same brush.

Run across a commie at Arniston, native operator had a freak out on us then threatened to rip DR’s and rods off the boat with his gear.
A whole new disrespect for commies!! Guess I shouldn’t paint them all with the same brush.
Ya I had that happen a few years back at Arnie. We were motor mooching so they just decide to cut infront of you and glare. Some choice words exchanged and they back down. No need for it but guess they think they have the right

A whole new disrespect for commies!! Guess I shouldn’t paint them all with the same
Sucks to hear about commercial guy there usually pretty good up here figured arniston and goose bay would have been fine with the south winds fishing was alright down by Avery fish an hr or so not great but not terrible
Buddy did fairly good mooching in eddy pass lots of springs upto 29 lbs lots in the mid 20s

Back