2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Is this a locked compound? I am looking at storing my boat from May to Aug in Rupert as well.
I don't think so but you might want to call the lady and ask. She said they have multiple places around town that they store boat depending on space.

Can anyone tell me where squatree (sp) area is? Trying to find it on my charts but can't. Thanks
When people talk about fishing Squaderee, I believe they are talking about the north end of Stephens between Avery and Hooper point. I've never heard that anyone actually goes over and fishes near the Squaderee 91 reserve.

Does anyone have any websites or pictures of maps that shows Dundas Island and Stephen Island points and bluffs? I have been trying to find a lot of the places that everyone recommends and having a tough time locating any. I will even take hand drawn ones. Thanks in advance.

the outside of Stevens is good weather permitting usually a couple of boats , we just stay silent THE CROWD fishes Hooper. Give you a hint if Edye pass is good on the ebb and hooper isn't, go to the outside of Stevens

Does anyone where if there is a place to store boats in Rupert?
There is a place right across from the Petro Canada gas station just as you hit the town limits on your right hand side. not cheep though I'd have a look in Terrace might be a better option.

Well it’s definitely starting..
Friday after work hit 12 springs upto 20 lbs
Saturday hooked 8 in hour and a half and then went and sat on the pick
Average size was around 16 lbs
Wonderful news. T-minus 12 days for me. Curious where you were hitting them? PM if you want. Will you be out there on May long as well?

Wonderful news. T-minus 12 days for me. Curious where you were hitting them? PM if you want. Will you be out there on May long as well?
Yes I’ll be out may long and we fished humpback Friday then it looked like it was raining there so went to Avery Saturday no big secret it seemed like the whole coast line was polluted with those pesky chinooks lol
Pm me I’ll send you my number and figure out a channel on the radio

I canceled my May Long trip. I am respecting the BC travel restrictions.. Good luck folks & keep us posted.

I will be out there in early June

I canceled my May Long trip. I am respecting the BC travel restrictions.. Good luck folks & keep us posted.

I will be out there in early June
That really sucks man!! Hard times on the psyche not being able to go out doing what we love. Hopefully we see you out in June!!

The trip is booked, July 15-22.

Looking forward exploring some new country after a lifetime of fishing the Island.

Fishing, crabbing, prawning and RELAXING!!

So looking forward to this trip after being house bound all winter.....

If anyone wants to talk Rupert Fishing, message me if you want to keep it on the quiet.

Cheers

SS

Heading out bright and early Thursday. Any updates on fishing?
Fishing has been pretty good. Some decent chinook being caught, in the usual spots. And numbers are good. This time of year it can change dramatically day to day, but it has been good the few days I have been out. Will be back out next Thursday night for the weekend.

Back