2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what everyone is getting so pumped up on Sept 1st, except that we can go out and maybe at least TARGET chinook. I looked back at my records since 1996 fishing the S Arm and August was consistent (and thats passing) and only the past two years in Sept has the S Arm been half decent (with lots of hours put in). Just an observation , I'll be out just because I need to do some fishing but I'm not expecting a massive month. Just enjoy the little time the FN allows us to fish it (oh if it opens ! )
septemberstill will be good more springs will be moving in along with coho september october chum will be showing up i was going to try for chum this october in the ocean ive caught them on the river but never on the ocean

... or maybe he’s a part of the Avid Angler program ( DFO initiative ). Members of the program hold a DFO issued licence that allows for DNA sampling of Chinook to assist DFO with their not-so science based decisions. Look for the green/white flag flying..

there are several guides and local anglers who are doing this program that i know of
there not there taking fish for the table.
so don't beat yourself up .

its all catch, take data and release. as stated they fly a special flag issued to them for the purpose .

I believe Pacific Angler is involved in the sample program , saw a post on Instagram yesterday of them sampling, then ran over to the Gulf Islands , they did get 3 over there .

The Albion test results show a decent bump in Chinook numbers- Sandheads should be good- also noted 2 chum which is a good sign....
Motivated now- the tarps coming off the rig-

I've been told if there's no cloud cover they can only estimate wind speed..i know coming over from Gabriola on Sunday it was calling for 10 - 20 id bet it was more like 30 a bit of a harrowing ride in my 25 footero_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back