2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did HITW cause it wasn't as rough. 7-12 turned out to be an awesome day. 4 solid hookups. One that bit thru my trail hook. 3 more lost at the boat but nice looking solid fish. Another 5 little guys and some short lost hits. Stuck to 60-40 and it paid off. Mostly on chovies but the nicest hit was at 40 on a spoon. All tight to shore! A good practice run prepping for the 1st.

Oh but it's ok cause it was FN nets, only dozen stergons for 9000 chinooks for ceremony fishery. Coincidental lost, someone needs a beating. Sure makes it had to be a law abiding citizen when see crap like that happening every year. Out at Rc yesterday for few hours it was a blank, started neting the mounds or kelp on my hook just see what was like have something in my net

I don't get it? A few beer on boat isn't going to land you a fine. Being drunk and unsafe might.
Ya sure , a case of beer on the boat with fisherpersons , undrunken (is that a word) , that's like you were out fishing the South Arm for Coho during the closure ....Did I say that :) :)

I recall getting checked with fishy
Ya sure , a case of beer on the boat with fisherpersons , undrunken (is that a word) , that's like you were out fishing the South Arm for Coho during the closure ....Did I say that :) :)
Did u have a few? I have watching this Canucks game. Makes me have to drink. Oh fish report...sandheads Tues....game on! Undrunken!

In the past I could always get spring salmon on the grey market through some native connections from ex of mine. There is massive poaching going on under ceremonial guise. There is a tremendous black market for spring/king salmon. 100% thousands of threes fish slip to the US. As well, 100% the DFO is aware of the massive black market going on.
The DFO needs to be defunded. I believe Harper was starting to take care of this department which seemed wrong at the time yet seems so right now. Next election. This is a big issue.

Last edited:
On a side note keeping with Vancouver reports. Will be out with friends in Vancouver trying the cap for first time in years. Will report back.

Did HITW cause it wasn't as rough. 7-12 turned out to be an awesome day. 4 solid hookups. One that bit thru my trail hook. 3 more lost at the boat but nice looking solid fish. Another 5 little guys and some short lost hits. Stuck to 60-40 and it paid off. Mostly on chovies but the nicest hit was at 40 on a spoon. All tight to shore! A good practice run prepping for the 1st.

I thought south portion of 28-2 was closed for Chinook as per the Notice of Aug 20. Or trying to call you out but that’s the way I understood it otherwise I’d be fishing it.

18D924E5-47BD-417B-B626-EA2A9026F207.jpeg

...if your buying off the “black market”, you’re supporting the FN massacre, let’s not forget that. Sept 1 can’t come soon enough.

yeah it was bad in principal. I dated a half First Nations girl years ago and became aware of certain practices and activities. the amount of fish the stolo nation nets (legit and illegitimate) is unbelievable. Surprised the Fraser even has some healthy runs of springs still.
The sturgeon in nets picture is absolutely disgusting. Anyone send that to the media? Will they touch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back