2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished West Van today from 8 - 12. No wind and the water was flat calm but no bite for me. from distance noticed a couple of fish landed. Never been so anxious in my life for September to arrive. I truly feel sorry for us rec fisherman knowing that there are lots of fish at the mouth of Fraser and we can't keep Chinook. Simply had to wait for months to witness and tolerate total DFO's BS. sorry for the rant, just couldn't hold it.

Fished West Van today from 8 - 12. No wind and the water was flat calm but no bite for me. from distance noticed a couple of fish landed. Never been so anxious in my life for September to arrive. I truly feel sorry for us rec fisherman knowing that there are lots of fish at the mouth of Fraser and we can't keep Chinook. Simply had to wait for months to witness and tolerate total DFO's BS. sorry for the rant, just couldn't hold it.
You and a lot of other people are and have been on the same rant.

Which is why I’m ready for some civil disobedience.
Seems to work for other groups

I just keep sending them brief weekly e-mails outlining this or that and telling them that they all should be fired. I encourage everyone who is tired of their BS to call them out on it and often. Gillnets in the river? WTF? If they come back with this BS next year it is time for a WEEKLY Saturday protest fishery.

Twas the night before Tuesday, and all through the boat....

I just keep sending them brief weekly e-mails outlining this or that and telling them that they all should be fired. I encourage everyone who is tired of their BS to call them out on it and often. Gillnets in the river? WTF? If they come back with this BS next year it is time for a WEEKLY Saturday protest fishery.

Twas the night before Tuesday, and all through the boat....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1372316526299376/?ref=share

Same deal here same hours same location. Nothing in my boat. Saw a net out getting something in another boat.

I dropped in 45 mins north of the cap scene today in 29 1 and was done in 15 mins. Hit an undersize right away on the bait and while I was bringing him to the boat the other side smashed to the water on a small white jughead and it was on, ripped out 200' + at the surface as I'm tight to shore in 45'of water.

Mannaged to bring him to the boat and release the junior. Took me longer to put the gear away then I spent with lines wet which is an absolute first for me this season. Good times solo, beat the hell out of the office today and I was the only boat around other than some guys around RC.

Now to spend the weekend nailing semi tires to supplement my rub rail in advance of tuesday...game on.

I don't get it? A few beer on boat isn't going to land you a fine. Being drunk and unsafe might.

Apparently if you don't have sleeping facilities, a toilet and a kitchen you can't carry booze. Not sure I've ever heard of someone being fined but that is the high level law.

Boating and drinking go hand in hand if a cop were to go to the boat launch he would write a ticket almost everytime. just don't be an asshat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back