2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last two mornings working west van. Cap then out by fisheries. Tried everything, spoons, hoochies, bait and multiple depths. Nada.

Last two mornings working west van. Cap then out by fisheries. Tried everything, spoons, hoochies, bait and multiple depths. Nada.
We also fished the west van shoreline and Cap mouth yesterday morning 7-1 and mirrored your results. Big rollers yesterday and no fish to be seen.

Going out tomorrow. Anyone having any luck off the mouth of north arm, bell buoy area? Thanks
Just wait until the 1st man. Who are guys trying to fool out there?! That big Bayliner charter out of False Creek "Orca" has been there day in and day out.

Might have already been covered but wondering if anyone knows whether they are going to open areas 29-9, 29-10 in September?

There's technically nothing to report though. All they have to say is we're fishing for Coho.

So why name and shame if there is nothing to report? I've caught coho there this time of year before. I'm not trying there this year as it wouldn't be my first choice for coho, but maybe they know something you and I do not. Let's not forget that DFO is the bad and smelly apple in the room. My cousin bought 100lbs of Chinook from a first nations source yesterday. That's what pisses me off. Not some guy that may be trying to catch a coho at the North Arm. OK - sorry - I promise to post some reports from the 1st onward.

So why name and shame if there is nothing to report? I've caught coho there this time of year before. I'm not trying there this year as it wouldn't be my first choice for coho, but maybe they know something you and I do not. Let's not forget that DFO is the bad and smelly apple in the room. My cousin bought 100lbs of Chinook from a first nations source yesterday. That's what pisses me off. Not some guy that may be trying to catch a coho at the North Arm. OK - sorry - I promise to post some reports from the 1st onward.
The optics are bad that's all. You'd expect more from a local guide. Or maybe he just want's the other guides to put in all the hard work. Don't see any Pacific Angler or Bon Chovy boats out there ever.

The optics are bad that's all. You'd expect more from a local guide. Or maybe he just want's the other guides to put in all the hard work. Don't see any Pacific Angler or Bon Chovy boats out there ever.

... or maybe he’s a part of the Avid Angler program ( DFO initiative ). Members of the program hold a DFO issued licence that allows for DNA sampling of Chinook to assist DFO with their not-so science based decisions. Look for the green/white flag flying..

... or maybe he’s a part of the Avid Angler program ( DFO initiative ). Members of the program hold a DFO issued licence that allows for DNA sampling of Chinook to assist DFO with their not-so science based decisions. Look for the green/white flag flying..
Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back