2020 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluntly put sounds like suicide in anything less than a 40' boat and even then.....

My guide in Quatsino called anything over 15 knots too rough and I think he's right-because 15 can turn into 25 in less time than it takes to talk about it.
Yeah 17 kn was my line in the sand.

Our experience this year was if it’s blowing south east forget it and stay home! If the wind is forecasted north east motor out early and let the wind push you home. We had no problem fishing 20-25 north east we tried one day with a south east it was terrible

I’ve heard from a few more experienced Salts to not trust a SE forecast as it is often stronger than predicted. I’ve only been offshore for one SE wind; a couple models forecasted at 10 knots but it ended up 20 sustained. There wasn’t too much NE swell to stack up thankfully. 20knots any direction starts getting uncomfortable unless I’m going with it.

Hopefully lots of reports over the next couple of weeks as I’m stuck in the interior. Looking forward to hearing some stories of how things go.

Were last minute contemplating making the run to Louden tomorrow out of ukee weather looks good and may be our only shot looking at the forecast based on our size of boat.If anyone is interested in buddying up feel free to pm

Louden and Clayoquot. Just wrapped up a few good trips. More fish on the chloro breaks than the temp breaks.

Attachments

• 520E65F3-0D63-48C7-85B9-51D7F466D2BD.jpeg
    520E65F3-0D63-48C7-85B9-51D7F466D2BD.jpeg
    403.5 KB · Views: 157
No reports from any of the derbies?

Must have been fishing on Saturday??

Im thinking of Ukie weds to friday

I heard the southern canyons were slow Saturday and Sunday, was better at Nootka and north. Derby guys won’t really report until after the derbies are over. I miss the days when the Bamfield shootout would report out but competition is too steep now with the other derbies going, I guess?

Good luck (Edited: had written Barkley but meant Nootka)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back