Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality is coming for us all

No more fishing and no more guns and hunting for law abiding citizens. It's only a matter of time. What the hell is this country coming to. Apparently Justin knows what's good for us. Hey, but weed and potentially free heroin are ok and maybe even Sharia law. I'm considering a move. This isn't what my ancestors signed up for.

Rumors run rampant. And media tends to multiply them. I read the radiation from the tsunami in the east Pacific was causing sterility to the orcas.
Oops off topic.....
Let's hope we enjoy a strong winter spring fishery!!!!!

Fishing recently has been hit and miss.
The bait is moving in and out with the tide, find the bait and stick with it and you should do ok. I recommend the use of single hooks as there are a good number of small ones that will need to be let go with as little damage as necessary.

The usual glow flashers and spoons are working well. Cookies and cream is a go to as well. Going to try the new herring aid setup tomorrow if the winds play nice.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, I am just so fed up with us recreational fishers getting the short end of the stick.

Nice little morning out at the bell buoy. Had 4 to the boat, only one made the ride home. Usual glow set ups, right on bottom. Hot ticket was the chartreuse glow flasher, 60” leader with chartreuse splatter back coho killer. Those little fish have some fight to them! Two keeper crabs in the traps on the ride home.

Nice little morning out at the bell buoy. Had 4 to the boat, only one made the ride home. Usual glow set ups, right on bottom. Hot ticket was the chartreuse glow flasher, 60” leader with chartreuse splatter back coho killer. Those little fish have some fight to them! Two keeper crabs in the traps on the ride home.

Any hang ups with the riggers fishing the bottom near the bell?

I recall some ghost trap line there in the past that I got hung up on so haven't dragged bottom there in a long time. I've heard from others it appears to be gone now - did you have any issues today?

Any hang ups with the riggers fishing the bottom near the bell?

I recall some ghost trap line there in the past that I got hung up on so haven't dragged bottom there in a long time. I've heard from others it appears to be gone now - did you have any issues today?

No hang-ups whatsoever. Focused mainly 1km east to 1 km west of the bell.

Seemed to be fish throughout the water column as well...according to the sounder.

No hang-ups whatsoever. Focused mainly 1km east to 1 km west of the bell.

Seemed to be fish throughout the water column as well...according to the sounder.
Well done! Stoked to hear the reports although waiting to pull the trigger on a new motor has me a bit sad that I'm not on the water.....soon though!

Hooked into a couple keepers at Hole in the Wall this weekend. Was hoping to get out to Bowen but something told me to start fishing there to test the water so to speak. Was pleasantly surprised. Was using black double glow flashers with Gibbs Hockey Stick lure.

I booked time off Friday, Saturday and Sunday but it looks like it is going to be windy according to weather.gc.ca, hopefully it will change two or three times before Friday.

If I get out I'll post an update.
Thanks I'm hoping to get out early next week for one final 2018 trip before the holidays. The weather looks amazing and I just can't let myself end 2018 with the seal incident. What an amazing season Cheers everyone.
Let me know. I want to head out too. I need someone to locate bait for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back