Status
Not open for further replies.
FANTASTIC!
Thanks!
Aaaah the constant struggle of trying to get your wife to keep the tip up. ;)
Great video man I can only hope that's where my family ends up with fishing. Good for all of you.
Haha... oh my that's a good one. Yes when it comes to fishing it can be a struggle and many requests have proceeded from my mouth over the years. I wish you all the best for your family!
That's impressive that your wife is out fishing at 39 weeks pregnant!
Yeah she is a trooper and willing to come along on my crazy adventures. Especially after our run in with a commercial fisherman right before this happened it was a nice way to finish the day.
That video made my morning. Nice work FishDoc
Excellent nice to hear.
This video shows everything that saltwater fishing is all about!
For sure! Hard to beat it.
Your daughters better on the rod then some of my buddies hahaha! Awesome vid Doc
Hahahaha! That's hilarious. She has had to grow up with me and the younger is scared to touch a rod, haha. Actually I mounted a little rod holder in the center down low and put the rod in there so the little one can real them in too.

Thanks for all the comments I really appreciate the feedback!

Those memories will live on forever, just an awesome job

Since some people enjoyed my other sockeye videos I'm finally getting around to editing more footage now that the days are shortened. Here is the first time we went out this year with the wife and kids.

One day after work I decided off a whim to try it out with the family for the first time. Loaded up the boat and headed out since the online reports looked amazing for the day. when we got to the Sandheads lighthouse we were shocked to see a hundred or so boats trolling and catching fish right there. We went out past them and hit the 400 foot mark and got the trolling gear down. As soon as the lines were down the camera wasn't even set up all four rods went off and we got three sockeye in the boat and an undersized chinook. Then we put on the camera and the rest of the crazy action that you'll see continued. Lots of fun with the wife who was just a couple weeks from delivering our third daughter and my two other girls. Everyone was in on the action. What a mess at points but so much fun. Caught a hatchery coho and a nice sized Chinook salmon right as the sun was setting as well. We felt super fortunate for first timers to be heading home with 9 salmon in a couple of hours on the water after work.

That right there is what life is all about. Great video. Awesome time with the family. You're children are growing up sharing precious moments with mom and dad. Thanks for sharing your video on the forum. These are the kind of posts that brighten my days and brings big smiles to my face. Beautiful family you've got there.

Fished noon to 4 yesterday at the freighters, Hutt and Tunstall. No bites. Saw lots of bait at the freighters. Interesting thing happened though. Put two crab traps down off Ambleside around noon, each with an old salmon carcass zapped strapped head and tail, to the bottom middle of the trap. A few hours later, pulled up the traps and each carcass was totally gone, but the zap straps were still there fully attached to the bottom of each trap. One trap had a keeper crab in it. the other had nothing. Any ideas how that might have happened? How does a whole carcass disappear without a trace while the zap straps are still attached? Since the traps had been down long enough to allow something to steal the bait, why were there essentially no crabs trapped in there?

Fished noon to 4 yesterday at the freighters, Hutt and Tunstall. No bites. Saw lots of bait at the freighters. Interesting thing happened though. Put two crab traps down off Ambleside around noon, each with an old salmon carcass zapped strapped head and tail, to the bottom middle of the trap. A few hours later, pulled up the traps and each carcass was totally gone, but the zap straps were still there fully attached to the bottom of each trap. One trap had a keeper crab in it. the other had nothing. Any ideas how that might have happened? How does a whole carcass disappear without a trace while the zap straps are still attached? Since the traps had been down long enough to allow something to steal the bait, why were there essentially no crabs trapped in there?

Chopsticks

Fished tunstall today 9:30-12 quick fish but what a beauty day.

Took my dad out for his first time and as I was rigging up the cable broke on my Scotty and to the bottom of the sea goes my cannon ball....off to a good start.

We nailed a 8lbs red on a salty dawg flasher and a Irish cream weegee 137’ on the rigger in 150’ of water. Lovely calm waters out there today and fished with a dozen boats or so.

Looks like they are reducing the daily prawn/shrimp quota by 50% from 200 to 100 for next season.

I can foresee that in the next few years with the reduction to salmon quota and prawns we may not even be able to bring home enough to put on the table for our family meal.

The only thing they haven't reduced yet is our crab quota and I don't even think that is safe.

Thinking about selling the boat now while the market isn't flooded yet.

Yes you should sell

I see Bon Chovy Charters has Van Herring for sale at $50k, no trailer.2016 300 Yamaha with 980 hours.
GW 232 Gulfstream a well looked after boat. Price seems about right . So I wonder are they going bigger or do they know more than we do about what the future looks like?

I see Bon Chovy Charters has Van Herring for sale at $50k, no trailer.2016 300 Yamaha with 980 hours.
GW 232 Gulfstream a well looked after boat. Price seems about right . So I wonder are they going bigger or do they know more than we do about what the future looks like?

I have no information about Bon Chovy and their reasons for selling. I can't help but wonder if your interpretation is a bit of an over-reaction?! Does Bon Chovy own the vessel? Or do the guides individually own the vessels?

I have no information about Bon Chovy and their reasons for selling. I can't help but wonder if your interpretation is a bit of an over-reaction?! Does Bon Chovy own the vessel? Or do the guides individually own the vessels?
Yah, could be interpreted as an over-reaction but I have no opinion either way as I was just commenting in part about what was stated earlier about guides needing all the help they can get. Just like everyone else I have some concerns to what the future looks like. Last I heard Bon Chovy owned this boat.

Bon Chovy owns their boats and if memory serves me correct they added a larger vessel to the fleet thus making the 232 expendable. (don't quote me for sure but I seem to recall Jason posting something up on social media about it)

Don't overthink it.....you can look at all the local yacht broker sites and see boats with downrigger mounts on them and fear the sky has already fallen. :p;):p;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back